• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Budget or Alamo at MCO

Alamo or Budget for rental car at MCO

• Total voters

lizaisabel

Mouseketeer
I am considering Budget and Alamo to rent a Minivan. The difference between both is 35 for the whole length of reservation. Based on recent experience which you would select:

Budget, Avis, Alamo, National, Hertz, Enterprise, Dollar, and Thrifty are all basically exactly the same. Pick whichever one has the best price or offers you a special perk (like a free car seat at Hertz through AAA or "spouses drive free" at Alamo).

Avoid Ace, Fox, and SixT like the plague.

We find them all about the same (Budget, Alamo, Hertz, Enterprise...) we've rented from them all at MCO. We go by best price at the time. It's crazy this year, but that's the way it goes.

We have used Alamo for the last few years and never had a problem. Prepay, pick your car and check out. Return has been just as easy.
Car prices for both are equally crazy.

We have used Alamo for the last few years and never had a problem. Prepay, pick your car and check out. Return has been just as easy.
Car prices for both are equally crazy.
Did you use the skip the counter function? How you prepaid?

You can do skip the counter through the Alamo app or website. You have to provide a credit card in order to skip the counter. But, you don't get charged until you return the car.

Yes, I kept checking rates to see if they dropped. In previous years, I have cancelled and rebooked many times. No luck this time.
I prepaid the car 2 days before the trip online and filled out all of the skip the line information.

I have rented from Alamo for the last 10+ years at MCO and never had a problem . My recent experience last week with Avis convinced me to stick with Alamo

Definitely join the members program so you can skip the counter. Lines were at 2 hours to pick up last weekend.

We have always had a great experience with Alamo. I will be renting from them again, next week. The "online check in" and being able to skip the counter is awesome.

We always fly into Sanford and rent from Alamo. The last 2 times we tried Hertz and Thrifty with not so great experiences. My DH said never again are we not booking with Alamo. They maybe higher in price, but the whole experience runs smooth.

I will pile on and say I will pay more for Alamo because the process is so smooth to just go pick my car. Had a LONG wait at the Budget counter once (in like 2013?) and said never again from MCO. I do use Budget elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter