Budget or Enterprise

I’ve never used Budget, but I often use Enterprise. I like how they typically just point you to a row and you get to pick your car.

I pick whichever is the best price at MCO. I've used just about all of them there and for me there is absolutely no difference among any of them. We have the exact same experience regardless of car rental co. Last visit we use Alamo, Before that it was Budget. Upcoming visit is Avis. Some of these are owned by the same company. So I go by whatever is the best value for each visit.

Budget is a little lower prised. I used Budget last October, I did not get to pick the vehicle and it was a lower class vehicle. Rental in May was Alamo or Enterprise (same company). I did get to pick vehicle and all seemed to have more features, better comfort. Was not sure if it was typical for Budget to have the lower end vehicle.

Budget is a little lower prised. I used Budget last October, I did not get to pick the vehicle and it was a lower class vehicle. Rental in May was Alamo or Enterprise (same company). I did get to pick vehicle and all seemed to have more features, better comfort. Was not sure if it was typical for Budget to have the lower end vehicle.
Just used Budget through Costco at MCO in May and got our choice of many cars in the Standard SUV aisle. Aside from the usual airport upsell on extras, which we declined, we had no issues. We have used Avis/Budget locally also through Costco and don’t get the upsell pitch. They just ask if we need the insurance and we say no. At MCO I figure the add ons are a hard sell by the agents because of the vacation atmosphere - they can probably get some people to add unnecessary extras with the pitch of not ruining their vacation with what ifs.

I got a bad car (it died during my trip) from Avis (same parent company as Budget) the one time I used them, and got poor customer service dealing with it as it was going on, so I'm therefore biased against them. It ruined the last day of my vacation. Look on this forum and you'll see a whole thread someone wrote telling people to stay away from Budget.

I've had many good experiences with Enterprise, and always stick with them now. Short lines, good cars, no trying to sneak in extras before you sign on the dotted line, and no false claims about damage to the cars. A few bucks extra up front is worth it.

Last edited:
Used Budget the last 2 times. Member and used Fastbreak where they text you the row and spot number and you just go to the car. Budget is competitive and I have gotten Amazon gift cards for the rental. No problems at all using Budget but then problems can happen with any company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter