Budget Question

PhilKY

Earning My Ears
We've never cruised before and I am not sure how much to budget for KTTW account. We're going on the 7 day Western in October. Party of 3, Me, DW and DD (age 12).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Your excursions will go on your stateroom account, so you can price some of that now off the website. We also put the tips on our stateroom account. (added cash too) Drinks, spa treatments, souvies, photos can be big expenditures. Last 7 nite western we took, four of us had about a $2,800 bill. A little less than I expected, actually. We did excursions at every port, except CC only our teenage son did the teen thing, we rented floats and bikes. We traveled with 2 other families and the buying drinks and smoothies can get a bit out of hand. The really big expense was the shopping on shore, so watch out!

In Sept. '04 we did a "Western" (in quotes as we were diverted due to hurricanes). Two adults and one child in our party. Our bill was about $1200. This included tips, one shore excursion in Puerto Rico, float rental at Castaway Cay, drinks, souveneirs and photos. I am planning on something similar for our upcoming trip.

Erin :)

We just got off the Disney Magic for a 7 day Eastern cruise last week. Our total at the end was just under $1200 for 2 adults and 2 children ages 9 & 11. We brought a few cases of beer with us along with a collapsable cooler. Our cabin steward filled it with ice twice a day to keep our drinks cold. We also brought 2 bottles of wine, a case of bottled water and 2 bottles of champagne. During transit one bottle of champagne and one beer broke open but otherwise we arrived fairly safely.

Our bill consisted mainly of tropical fruity drinks for me, 2 games of bingo (this can really add up!), wine tasting, beer tasting, martini tasting, an excursion on St. Thomas, a few trips to Palo, tips (about $305 total) and a few trips to the gift shop.

It's not hard to save money on the ship. All of your meals and soft drinks are covered - it's only the additional items that add up. Be careful, they add up quickly! We opened up a cash account so we knew we wouldn't spend more than we wanted and wouldn't be stuck with a huge credit card bill at the end of our cruise. Best of luck!

Shari

I understand you can charge most everything to your cruise account which is great! But I know that wont work with the local Nassau vendors, Does anyone have a suggestion of how much CASH I should bring for the 3-day?

TinkAZ said:
I understand you can charge most everything to your cruise account which is great! But I know that wont work with the local Nassau vendors, Does anyone have a suggestion of how much CASH I should bring for the 3-day?

I allotted $150 to carry off the ship into Nassau. I hardly touched it.
We paid $12 each way for a taxi to Atlantis ($4 each).
We explored the interior of Atlantis for free. Glad we didn't spring for "The Dig" since the FREE fish viewing was enough for dd11.
We bought a straw doll in the market that you must walk thru to leave and enter the pier. We bought 3 little shell bracelets in the Straw Market.
We planned to go to Del Sol, but it came a flood and we didn't make it there.

We did the morning excursion ($22 each) to the Queen's Staircase and the two forts. The excursions were on our KTTW account.
DD bought a trinket or two from the native ladies with booths at the fort.

I'm sure you can spend a lot of money on jewelry or something, but you can also do Nassau on a little.

Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter