Budget Williamsburg lodging?

WDWAurora

<font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'
I'm planning a long weekend in Williamsburg for our family soon. We would really just be doing Busch gardens and maybe the water park. We just need a basic room-no kitchen or suite or anything.

Also-any ideas on how crowded the parks will be on a summer weekend? Unbearable or just busy? Heat?

Govenors Inn... They have a free shuttle to the parks - free breakfast - pool....about 80.00 night!

I'm planning a long weekend in Williamsburg for our family soon. We would really just be doing Busch gardens and maybe the water park. We just need a basic room-no kitchen or suite or anything.

Also-any ideas on how crowded the parks will be on a summer weekend? Unbearable or just busy? Heat?

Not sure about lodging (I live close to Williamsburg), but the park will be very crowded. And the heat is oppressive here in Virginia in the summer - it routinely can get over 100 degrees in July and August with high humidity. We had a hot streak last week and I know two people who were hospitalized with dehydration, so take care to keep cool and hydrated while you're here.

The park will be crowded but it's relative. We've been pass holders for 5 years. We've rarely waited > 30 minutes for anything. I don't think my kids could handle the lines at WDW. We usually arrive when it opens (around 9). The roller coasters are usually open by 10 so we hit them first. It gets packed by mid afternoon. We leave before dinner.

It can be hot and humid. I'm going this Saturday and it should be 87. I've been there when it's over 95. We just drink a lot of water. There's a ton of shade--especially when you're waiting in lines.

Water Country is awesome. That's on our calendar for next Saturday! I highly recommend it.

Not sure about lodging (I live close to Williamsburg), but the park will be very crowded. And the heat is oppressive here in Virginia in the summer - it routinely can get over 100 degrees in July and August with high humidity. We had a hot streak last week and I know two people who were hospitalized with dehydration, so take care to keep cool and hydrated while you're here.

Exactly this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We love Busch Gardens, but we do our best to avoid going in the summer. The heat is bad, mostly because of the high humidity. If you aren't used to it, it can be unbearable. Drink lots of water, take breaks and try to take it slow.

I should have mentioned that we are from the Raleigh area, so we are probably used to fairly similar temps. My boys are fairly young (4 and almost 2) so we likely wouldn't be doing any "big" rides, or not too many. If waits are typically no worse than 30 min, we can do that. We would be there at opening.

Get there before opening sometimes they open the Seasme Street area early. I would google TUG last minute rentals. They often have a ton of Williamsburg timeshares for rent cheap. Have fun!

Lodging at the Princess Anne in small cabin like rooms is economical and have a little more room. Williamsburg is a good area and you will enjoy Busch Gardens. There are really no bad areas and you are fine at the smaller hotels too. Lots of places to eat - especially Pancake Houses. But if you want a real treat, try the Food for Thought restaurant. Fresh, local meals. Good portions.

I'm going there in mid July and had no luck finding "cheap" lodging. I remember I was able to book Crowne Plaza for under $40 with Priceline. I ended up with a Hotwire deal. $72/nt in Kingsgate.

I should have mentioned that we are from the Raleigh area, so we are probably used to fairly similar temps. My boys are fairly young (4 and almost 2) so we likely wouldn't be doing any "big" rides, or not too many. If waits are typically no worse than 30 min, we can do that. We would be there at opening.

Oh so the weather will be no shock at all (we moved from Cary to Richmond in 2009 and the climates are obviously very similar). If you are there before 10 you'll be in great shape. The long lines are for the coasters and Mach tower. With little kids the lines should be much shorter. When my kids were younger they could ride Grover's roller coaster over and over again without waiting. Have fun! It's such a lovely park.

Oh so the weather will be no shock at all (we moved from Cary to Richmond in 2009 and the climates are obviously very similar). If you are there before 10 you'll be in great shape. The long lines are for the coasters and Mach tower. With little kids the lines should be much shorter. When my kids were younger they could ride Grover's roller coaster over and over again without waiting. Have fun! It's such a lovely park.

Something else to be aware of are the hills at Busch Gardens. They're not hugely steep, but they might wear out the little ones. Taking the steam train that winds around the park helps in getting from one place to another. What kid doesn't like trains?

Something else to be aware of are the hills at Busch Gardens. They're not hugely steep, but they might wear out the little ones. Taking the steam train that winds around the park helps in getting from one place to another. What kid doesn't like trains?

You are right. If you want to cut thru the center, there are many many stairs. I gave up on my stroller and parked by the tram. I used Ergo with my toddler, so much easier to move around the park.

If you aren't riding the big coasters, we've never waited long at all for anything. Longest waits would be Europe in the Air and Curse of Darkastle/water rides (my daughter is 46" so she can do these but not the coasters) so if those are in your plans, do them first. The other lines will be shorter. Sesame Street area routinely opens 30-45 minutes before the posted park opening time, so get there early.
Use the trains and the skyride. Make sure you see the Celtic Fyre show - my kids adore it. The singing and dancing are fantastic

Try looking at the "tugbbs.com" site under "last minute rentals offered"
you may find a timeshare rental for less then a hotel room.

Govenors Inn... They have a free shuttle to the parks - free breakfast - pool....about 80.00 night!

We just stayed at Governor's Inn a few weeks ago...with AAA discount we got $63 a night! It's not fancy, but the rooms are comfortable and clean (comfortable beds), the pool was nice, and the free breakfast is a real plus (bagels, english muffins, cereals, breakfast pastries, hard boiled eggs, toast, juice, milk, coffee, and tea).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter