Buena Vista Galactic scooters

wiihoo888

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had an experience with the new Galactic scooters? Trying to determine what we should rent for our next visit.....

Ok, they look cool, but for a 1 week trip, $402 compared to Gold Mobility that rents the Pride Victory 10 for $179 and includes Damage and Theft Insurance, the price from Buena Vista only includes damage insurance.

Add in the batteries being so degraded on Buena Vista Scooters that they literally lock the charger to the scooter to ensure you take it into the parks with you vs. Good Mobilitys scooter not even dropping after all day usage and there is a clear winner.

Then on top of that Buena Vista only drops off at three different times per resort, Good Mobility meets on your schedule and Gold offers a free accessory, such as a Sun Shade, and already includes cup holder, fan, cell phone holder and undercarriage lighting and reflective strips that make you much more visible, especially at night.

Note: I didn't include tax in either price for a simple comparison.

Add in the batteries being so degraded on Buena Vista Scooters that they literally lock the charger to the scooter to ensure you take it into the parks with you vs
I'm confused. Does anybody here have an "in" with Buena Vista or any other company to the degree that they know what a company does, why it does so, and that it's acceptable to spread what should otherwise appear to be an unsubstantiated assumption?

Clearly, posters prefer other companies, including Gold, Walker, Randy's, Scooterama (okay, maybe just me on that last one :)). But assumptions?

I'm confused. Does anybody here have an "in" with Buena Vista or any other company to the degree that they know what a company does, why it does so, and that it's acceptable to spread what should otherwise appear to be an unsubstantiated assumption?

Clearly, posters prefer other companies, including Gold, Walker, Randy's, Scooterama (okay, maybe just me on that last one :)). But assumptions?
I’m not a lawyer and don’t play one on TV, but spreading unsubstantiated negative assumptions sounds like it could possibly fit into the definition of libel.

Ok, they look cool, but for a 1 week trip, $402 compared to Gold Mobility that rents the Pride Victory 10 for $179 and includes Damage and Theft Insurance, the price from Buena Vista only includes damage insurance.

Add in the batteries being so degraded on Buena Vista Scooters that they literally lock the charger to the scooter to ensure you take it into the parks with you vs. Good Mobilitys scooter not even dropping after all day usage and there is a clear winner.

Then on top of that Buena Vista only drops off at three different times per resort, Good Mobility meets on your schedule and Gold offers a free accessory, such as a Sun Shade, and already includes cup holder, fan, cell phone holder and undercarriage lighting and reflective strips that make you much more visible, especially at night.

Note: I didn't include tax in either price for a simple comparison.

I actually love Gold Mobility. If it was a week long trip, I would be going with them. Only going for three nights this time, so looking at other options. I’ve had excellent experience with Buena Vista in the past. Not thrilled about their drop off and pick up situation, but trying to weigh my options

Have never gone with Scooterama....Tell me more...are they priced well for shorted trips, and are they reliable? (as I assume my best Alice in Wonderland inquisitive look) Had a horrible experience with Scooterbug in the past, and they are simply not an option

I should add to this that my husband is “Pooh sized”, so at least one larger model is a must. It is only a three night trip and trying to accommodate the new BV time schedule does seem a pain. Just refuse to do Scooterbug again, so checking our options😀

Have never gone with Scooterama....Tell me more...are they priced well for shorted trips, and are they reliable? (as I assume my best Alice in Wonderland inquisitive look) Had a horrible experience with Scooterbug in the past, and they are simply not an option
Full disclosure: I like Scooterama because they removed the arms from the ECV before delivery. I don't need the arms, I might use one to hang a bag BUT I am truly skilled at catching an arm on a door, wall, store display...

I’m not a lawyer and don’t play one on TV, but spreading unsubstantiated negative assumptions sounds like it could possibly fit into the definition of libel.
I mean, if it's true, great. It just seems more likely to me that Buena Vista permanently attached the chargers to the ECVs, and the reason for that? It seems much more reasonable and sensible to me that, if the attachment is accurate, it was done just in case the user needs to charge the scooter.

I mean, if it's true, great. It just seems more likely to me that Buena Vista permanently attached the chargers to the ECVs, and the reason for that? It seems much more reasonable and sensible to me that, if the attachment is accurate, it was done just in case the user needs to charge the scooter.
I haven't been here very long and I can already guess who the poster is whenever I see a comment about Gold Mobility lol

I am simply repeating what numerous people who rented from Buena Vista were told by Buena Vista when they asked why the chargers are locked to the scooters. I know the admins here don't like hearing bad things about Buena Vista, but really many people had bad issues with them on this last trip from delivery issues to batteries dying despite having fully charged overnight to equipment just dying. Again, simply repeating what we were told by people who rented from Buena Vista (and other companies), again litterally the only two companies that no one had any complaints about were Gold and Walker Mobility. Contrary to what some claim, that is not libel, when it is repeating what people were told by the company and repeating what others have reported as their personal experiences. The only possible downside with Gold Mobility is that people want to talk your ear off about the scooters because they are interested in how nice and new your scooters look (well because they are), so not really a downside, but it means you hear the experiences if a lot of people who rented from other companies and realize just how much better Good is than most.

Also, with properly sized batteries that aren't degraded, you shouldn't need to charge in the parks unless you forgot to charge the night before. Seriously, we did 6 plus miles a day and never dropped more than about 15% in a charge with Gold Mobilitys scooters.

I haven't been here very long and I can already guess who the poster is whenever I see a comment about Gold Mobility lol
Actually there are several of us, I just have to point out the major descrepency in price and service on something like this. I don't know about you, but I can think of much better things too do with $200+ than paying it to get a Star Wars theme on my scooter, especially when so many people have told me about the problems they had with Buena Vista and other companies. Again, the only companies that had zero complaints were Walker and Gold Mobility. So if you didn't want to go with Gold, you could go with Walker and still be ok, but be paying quite a bit more than with Gold. Anyone else and you risk having some sort of issues, anything from not getting the scooter on time to getting stranded in the parks (some even make you push it to the front of the park, not Buena Vista on that one though) to having to buy bicycle lights if you want any lights on the scooter (not sure which company that was though, they didn't have much branding and it was dark, but I do know that wasn't Buena Vista, Walker, ScooterBug or Gold Mobility).

But again there are quite a few that talk up Gold Mobility, many of whom were accused of attacking others, despite the fact they didn't and so they have stopped posting all together, but I am not one for being intimidated like that.

Actually there are several of us, I just have to point out the major descrepency in price and service on something like this. I don't know about you, but I can think of much better things too do with $200+ than paying it to get a Star Wars theme on my scooter, especially when so many people have told me about the problems they had with Buena Vista and other companies. Again, the only companies that had zero complaints were Walker and Gold Mobility. So if you didn't want to go with Gold, you could go with Walker and still be ok, but be paying quite a bit more than with Gold. Anyone else and you risk having some sort of issues, anything from not getting the scooter on time to getting stranded in the parks (some even make you push it to the front of the park, not Buena Vista on that one though) to having to buy bicycle lights if you want any lights on the scooter (not sure which company that was though, they didn't have much branding and it was dark, but I do know that wasn't Buena Vista, Walker, ScooterBug or Gold Mobility).

But again there are quite a few that talk up Gold Mobility, many of whom were accused of attacking others, despite the fact they didn't and so they have stopped posting all together, but I am not one for being intimidated like that.

There is a difference in the posting styles though. The first thought I had was you worked for gold mobility.

I don't know about you, but I can think of much better things too do with $200+ than paying it to get a Star Wars theme on my scooter
i can think of a lot better things to spend my money on rather than WDW club-level or deluxe resort accommodations, but i don’t post that over and over in every thread about deluxe resorts. Different people spend their money the way they wish. If someone wants to spend the rental fee for an ECV decorated as Star Wars, that’s their choice. If you don’t have any specific input about these scooters other than complaints about price and vendor — feel free to move along. The OP specifically asked “Has anyone had an experience with the new Galactic scooters?” Let’s get back to that question now...

There is a difference in the posting styles though. The first thought I had was you worked for gold mobility.
Nope, not at all, just want to promote companies that do right by others and have amazing customer service. In all honesty, I have never dealt with any company that offers such good customer service. Although Vizio is definitely a close second after they offered to repair our TV for free even though it was out of warranty and yes, I post about that almost as frequently, but it really isn't on Disboards because it doesn't really fit. I simply use it to point out that we so often post when companies do us wrong and do so repeatedly (and quite often rightly so), but we don't always post when companies do right, even though that is actually more important.

Just had to add some data to the battery discussion.

I've rented from Buena Vista Scooters many times in the past. The last time was in 2018. As a matter of fact, they're the only company I ever rented from. I always had the heavy duty scooter, and in all those years I never had problems with battery life. I always charged the battery fully overnight and never had to charge it during the day.

Does that mean there aren't ever problems with batteries? No, I'm sure they occur. But I highly doubt they occur as frequently with Buena Vista Scooters as implied earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
Again, simply repeating what we were told by people who rented from Buena Vista (and other companies), again litterally the only two companies that no one had any complaints about were Gold and Walker Mobility
What/how many complaints have been cited by customers of Randy's, Scootarama, Orlando Medical Rentals...?
Contrary to what some claim, that is not libel, when it is repeating what people were told by the company
So, hearsay?
but I can think of much better things too do with $200+ than paying it to get a Star Wars theme on my scooter,
Oh, I can too. Not a Star Wars fan so I absolutely cannot see spending extra money for an overlay. But I love the color green and will pay more for, say, a a green ECV. Not $200 more, but more.

Actually, my first thought was they attach the chargers so that they don't have to chase down chargers that are accidentally left in Resort Hotel rooms, or left sitting in a Park at some random outlet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter