Buena Vista Scooters selling inventory

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
We usually rent BV Scooters 2-3 times per year and I discovered that they are selling part of their inventory for $500 each. They will store it for $25/month, then deliver it and pick it up for free 2 times per year.

FYI in case this is a good deal for someone.

Is this a different business proposal?
Will they still have permission to rent out while not in your use?
Still seems like a good deal except for mechanical issues with ownership. Also have to consider the newer model appeal .
thanks for posting.

No, they aren’t supposed to rent it out. It’s yours, I ask about repair issues and they said that these are a very dependable model that’s goes out week after week for 5+ years without needing anything, even the tires. They will also ship it to you. I asked a lot of questions and I got the feeling it’s a new business model due to Covid-related down-turns.

I also ask about support in the parks if there’s a problem. They will bring you a replacement will they take yours back to the shop and let you know what the repair cost will be. So if you using it in their service area, you have coverage if there’s a problem.

We took the gamble and bought one. They sent us pictures and we chose one from a group of 5. With our usage, it will pay off in a couple of years or less. But it is a bit of a gamble. We assume that the business will remain viable and open as long as we need it and the monthly storage costs don’t go much higher. Also, this is a company that requires us to meet them in person for pick up and drop off, which is not always convenient.

I agree about the newer model appeal but we don’t need it on a daily basis so having the newest and best is not necessary.

The problem I see with this model is battery maintenance, in order to keep the batteries in proper working order they should be used and charged every other week, once a month is considered the bare minimum.

Something else to consider at storage costs of $300 alone you could rent for about two weeks from Gold Mobility and that doesn't factor in the cost of the scooter at an additional $500. So you would need to have at least three weeks per year to come out ahead on the storage and you would need somewhere around 3 years to break even with the costs of renting from Gold Mobility. Add in with Gold Mobility they replace their entire fleet every 6 months, so the battery issue doesn't exist either. Also don't forget that by renting if there is an issue it is on them to fix it, instead of you. I am sure similar deals can be had with other rental companies as well right now, I am just using Gold Mobility since that is who I use and am familiar with for comparison. Gold also requires to meet in person, but on your schedule not a preset one.

Another factor to consider is on this model are the tires solid or air filled? If air filled there is a very real possibility they will be flat before delivery. Also on the tires you would now have to be the ones to replace them when they wear out.

I am not saying it isn't a good deal for someone out there, but I am saying to be careful and think it all the way through first.

It’s a good deal for us because we only need them for theme parks in Florida and we prefer BV over all other companies. We’ve used them for years and value their dependability.

overall, it a good deal for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter