Buena Vista Scooters ??

msr709

DISfan forever
Has anyone rented from them recently that would care to share the experience? Are the scooters the more compact style? I have rented from Randy in the past (last time was 2005) and the scooter was fine but was showing wear, the service from Randy was excellent. But, AllEArs just sent out an email where you can get a discount for mentioning them to Buena Vista Scooters so I thought I would post and see the different opinions. Always looking for ways to budget!! TIA :thumbsup2

Well, I just cancelled a ressie with them (Buena Vista Scooters) yesterday... and I'll tell you why...

I attempted to place an online reservation for an ECV for our December 2008 trip, using the AllEarsNet advertised discount. Never received any follow up email or contact from BV, aside from the automated email response. The automated email indicated that a customer service rep would be in contact shortly to confirm my ressie, etc.. So I waited to hear back from them. A day or two later I happened to be checking my online CC statement, and low and behond I had already been charged the full cost (no discount provided) for the EVC rental, more than 6 months in advance of our trip. :eek:

I emailed BV, questioning why no discount (I had followed all the directions to qualify), why no contact from their customer service rep prior to charging my card in full, etc.. A week later I still have not received any answers/contact from them (other than the automated emails indicating they have received my messages, and a service rep will get back to me shortly), no answers to any of my questions, and no changes to the charges on my CC. :headache:

The entire situation--especially the lack of communication from customer service--just left DH and I with a really bad feeling. Did not want to risk arriving at WDW six months from now, and not having the ECV ready and waiting for us when we need it. So, I cancelled the BV ressie, and will stick with Randy's for our ECV needs--they seem to have a much better, long standing reputation. If BV does not issue a full refund before my next CC billing cycle (no one has bothered to acknowledge my cancellation either), I'll be disputing the charge.

Thank you for your post. I also emailed them and have not heard from them, luckily I did not give any cc information yet. I simply asked a question but have not heard. I might do the same as Matt's mom and stick with Randy after all. :thumbsup2

Who is Randy? and what company is he with? I was going to use Buena Vista, but didn't get a reply to email so I called. I was told I didn't need to make a reservation right now, to wait until a couple weeks before our trip.

If you click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information, including in Post #2 where people rent ECVs.

Or, if you want an easier route, click on the link in my signature.

Just to update...

We finally managed to speak with a manager at Buena Vista Scooters today (after 2 phone calls). From what he had to say, it sounds like the issues may be with their current computer system. The online ressies are via an automated system, and for some reason the info is not making it through to their customer service dept. (at least that is what we were told). He wasn't sure where the email inquiries were disappearing to, but will be looking into that also.

The manager (Bob Smith) offered to 'make things right' by refunding in full to my CC, while keeping our reservation info all on file. We would then not be billed at all, until 48 hours prior to our check-in date at WDW. Seemed like a reasonable solution. We will see if this works out or not. I'll try to post a follow up when they do credit my account, and then a complete review as to how things went (after our early December trip).

They did tell me that if you call their toll free number (866-484-4797), you should be able to avoid the 'computer issues' that we had to deal with. Hopefully they will eventually get things straightened out with their online service provider, but for now it seems that making your inquiries and ressies by phone is definitely the safer way to go.

------

UPDATE--I received full refund to my CC (6-29)

------

Who is Randy? and what company is he with? I was going to use Buena Vista, but didn't get a reply to email so I called. I was told I didn't need to make a reservation right now, to wait until a couple weeks before our trip.

That's the name of one of the rental places Randy's Mobility. I have used him in the past and was very pleased with the service. They give you a little more personal attention in that they like to be there to give you the scooter and explain how it works, etc., as opposed to just leaving the scooter at Bell Services with written instructions. I think they are the best bet for the first time user because of this. I personally was going to see about Walker this time just to give them a try and wanted a scooter with headlights which Randy's did not have. Please see the sticky above with FAQ, they give a link to all the rental places the DISers have used and recommend. HTH! :thumbsup2

If you click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information, including in Post #2 where people rent ECVs.

Or, if you want an easier route, click on the link in my signature.

Thank you for this link. You may have just saved me a few extras $$ for which I am very grateful.

That's the name of one of the rental places Randy's Mobility. I have used him in the past and was very pleased with the service. They give you a little more personal attention in that they like to be there to give you the scooter and explain how it works, etc., as opposed to just leaving the scooter at Bell Services with written instructions. I think they are the best bet for the first time user because of this. I personally was going to see about Walker this time just to give them a try and wanted a scooter with headlights which Randy's did not have. Please see the sticky above with FAQ, they give a link to all the rental places the DISers have used and recommend. HTH! :thumbsup2

I think you will be very pleased with Walker's. We've used them the last three times my mom has gone down there with us. We also already have a reservation for the fourth time with them for our Sept trip. He will give a discount if you use it over a week and also for half days on the first and last days of your trip. I usually call around every time, but he's always been the cheapest arround. He doesn't bill your credit card until the night before you arrive and the scooters have always been waiting in bell services with our name on them, fully charged and with a little bonnet thingy to put over the controls in case of rain. We've never had a problem with any of Walkers scooters. The first two scooters she had were red, but last year she got a white one. When I called last month to reserve the scooter for our Sept trip, my mom spoke up and told me to be sure and ask for a red one with a big headlight. The rep heard her, laughed, and said no problem, he'd put it on our order form. Walker's is great and we highly recommend them.

I think you will be very pleased with Walker's. We've used them the last three times my mom has gone down there with us. We also already have a reservation for the fourth time with them for our Sept trip. He will give a discount if you use it over a week and also for half days on the first and last days of your trip. I usually call around every time, but he's always been the cheapest arround. He doesn't bill your credit card until the night before you arrive and the scooters have always been waiting in bell services with our name on them, fully charged and with a little bonnet thingy to put over the controls in case of rain. We've never had a problem with any of Walkers scooters. The first two scooters she had were red, but last year she got a white one. When I called last month to reserve the scooter for our Sept trip, my mom spoke up and told me to be sure and ask for a red one with a big headlight. The rep heard her, laughed, and said no problem, he'd put it on our order form. Walker's is great and we highly recommend them.

Thank you for your report on Walker, this is the kind of thing I was looking for. Its always good to hear how others fare and I'm really interested in the headlight so I'll also ask about it. Thanks again. :thumbsup2 :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter