Buffet age?

Madame

DIS Veteran
For the first time we’ll be visiting WDW when one of our kids (2 actually) will be turning 10. My boys’ birthday is Aug 5 & our trip is Aug 1-7.

Just want to clarify the policy. I know that for tickets the age you are at the beginning of the trip is the age you are throughout. Does this apply for buffet pricing as well? Not trying to game the system, just looking for anyone who has experience with this. TIA!

Correct. If your son is 9 on arrival day, he is considered 9 for the duration of the trip and would pay the child's price at any buffet even after he turns 10.

Thanks everyone. I just know I’m going to feel weird wandering up to the checkin at CP on the day of their birthday and fumbling through the age explanation when they ask me how old everyone is.

what time of day was your child born and what time are you eating at CP? if it is before the time he was actually born than he is still 9 if that helps....
Enjoy your last trip of paying Childs prices at Buffets..... We stopped going for a few years at 12 we went to one as he eats well.... but likely will skip them again this year as the quality and pricing just do not add up anymore... but will miss some of the entertainment.

what time of day was your child born and what time are you eating at CP? if it is before the time he was actually born than he is still 9 if that helps....
Enjoy your last trip of paying Childs prices at Buffets..... We stopped going for a few years at 12 we went to one as he eats well.... but likely will skip them again this year as the quality and pricing just do not add up anymore... but will miss some of the entertainment.
Perfect! We’re eating bkfst at CP and they were born at almost 4pm. I am terrible with these sorts of things & my kids already look much older than they are. My DD is 5’7” and just turned 12. That’s what happens when your DH is 6’4” :rolleyes1

Yes we don’t do many anymore either. And the DDP definitely won’t be worth it at adult pricing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter