Buffet Dining Question

jacquesb

Earning My Ears
Hi all. I have kind of a different dining question for you. My 11 year old son has Asperger's and as part of that he has significant eating issues that result in him not eating much and being underweight. We want to take his 9 yr old sister to eat with the princesses at the buffet at 1900 Park Fare but I noticed that Disney considers my son an adult for buffets due to his age. Is there anyway we could provide proof of his disability and only get charged the child price at the buffet for him? If he is having a good day he will maybe eat a half cup of mac n' cheese and half a hot dog. Like most special needs parents money is not in abundance so the thought of paying $40 for the very little bit of food he would eat is insane. I am more than happy to pay the child price to cover his meal and so his sister can get to see the princesses. Anyway this can be arranged? Thanks so much for your help!

Unfortunately, they will not bend on the price. There have beenmany first hand reports on this board over the yearss of people who have family members who are 100% tube fed who can't have a single morsel of food by mouth who are still charged full price. There has been the odd exception but those really are very rare. I would budget as though you'll have to pay full price for him since you most likely will. There's no harm in asking but be prepared to have to pay full price.

If this bothers you, do you have another adult travelling with you so that you can bring your daughter while the other adult does somebody different with your son; something more towards his interests or even just have some quiet time at the resort since if he's anything like my Aspie then he'll need a lot more down time than your non-Aspie.

Wow. Not the answer I was hoping for but at least now I know and can factor it into my plans. Thank you so much for responding!!!:)

Just an FYI...there is only one princess at 1900 Park Fare buffet: at dinner, it is Cinderella & her Prince, along with her Stepmother and 2 stepsisters. It is a lot of fun (the steps are totally in--character and very funny...arguing about who is better looking, smirking, prancing around all full of themselves. We laughed until we cried at their antics.) However, if you're looking for more than one princess, 1900 Park Fare is not the right place to eat.

At breakfast, no princesses at all: it's Mary Poppins, and characters from Alice in Wonderland like The Mad Hatter.

1900 Park Fare does not serve lunch.

If you want an actual princesses meal your choices at this time are dining in Cinderella's Castle (VERY expensive, compared to buffet prices) and Akershus in Norway/Epcot. Bot Cinderella's Castle and Akershus have multiple princesses visiting the tables at all meals.

Hi all. I have kind of a different dining question for you. My 11 year old son has Asperger's and as part of that he has significant eating issues that result in him not eating much and being underweight. We want to take his 9 yr old sister to eat with the princesses at the buffet at 1900 Park Fare but I noticed that Disney considers my son an adult for buffets due to his age. Is there anyway we could provide proof of his disability and only get charged the child price at the buffet for him? If he is having a good day he will maybe eat a half cup of mac n' cheese and half a hot dog. Like most special needs parents money is not in abundance so the thought of paying $40 for the very little bit of food he would eat is insane. I am more than happy to pay the child price to cover his meal and so his sister can get to see the princesses. Anyway this can be arranged? Thanks so much for your help!

To see princesses you don't have to go to a meal. Several princesses appear around world showcase.

While you do have to pay full price, if your son is as picky as mine with a spectrum diagnosis, the chefs are really, really good at preparing food that might appeal to your kid. Plain past, no prob. Pretty much will work with you on any food issue EXCEPT price.

I second the idea of having one parent go with your DD and the other stay in the room for some quality quiet time. We did that with our kids. I went to Tea at the Grand Floridian with my younger son, while older son and dad went to the hotel arcade. Worked out great for all of us. We had another day where I had the older son and hubby had the younger and did different things. That way each of us got some one on one time with each kid.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter