Buffets

None, everything has changed to family style dining. The only rumor of a buffet coming back was Boma on 8/20 - which I'm guessing since we've went backwards is no longer in the cards.
Agreed. I'll be surprised if it doesn't open as AYCTE :sad2: I'd so love to be wrong!

Agreed. I'll be surprised if it doesn't open as AYCTE :sad2: I'd so love to be wrong!

I would love that. I've never been a fan of buffets anyway. No matter where they are. I would love if Boma became a family style all you can eat.

I ate a family style breakfast at Cape May Cafe at BC. I enjoyed that style of meal to a buffet. The food was hot and there was plenty of offerings. We asked for more rolls and they were brought out immediately. I enjoyed this change to WDW restaurants.

My kids love buffets, they want to sample everything and just grab what they want. The AYCTE change really widdled down what was available at these restaurants.

I personally dont think Buffets are coming back any time soon and the AYCTE model is probably here to stay but there were a few hidden gems in the buffets that are not on those menus that will be sorely missed.

Buffets were what we ate the most at. I'd much rather hunt for what I want than have someone get it for me and have to keep asking for more. There's no reason for them not to bring them back in the future and I hope the do.

No reason? Not even that we’re still in a pandemic with large portions of the country unvaccinated and a more contagious variant of the virus spreading?????

Disney could’ve easily made buffets work by dishing out the food behind their already well protected glass. It also keeps some CMs working. Win-win. AYCTE is ok, but have definitely skimped on items you’d normally find at the buffet.
I think staffing is, in general, an issue at this point for Disney so this likely contributes to the problem of returning to "buffets". AYCTE requires less staff. I don't think it's a question of "keeping CMs working", I think it's actually hiring CM's. For example, I don't think Food and Wine could every have happened without the college program being back in place.... no way they would have been able to staff all those booths!

For a variety of reasons, there currently exists difficulty in hiring people... and that's all over, not just Disney... hopefully when this improves, we can return to more buffets, in whatever form.

I wish they had some kind of source for these rumors, as far as we know these could have been based off the rumors we heard a month ago and now the timing is just closer so they're reposting them...

Yeah, but it just says "a new rumor is in today", it doesn't say where it originated. I really want BOMA to open next week, but I just wish there was credible info.

I"m just trying to wrap my head around family style dining, I've never experienced it before. So lets say Cape May Cafe, do you just keep asking the server to keep bringing you crab legs over and over? Not being a troll LOL, I just have never dined this way, any insight is appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter