Bug's Life Fastpass Plus surprise for wheelchair users

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
We were at AK a few days ago and had used Bug's Life for one of our Fastpass Plus choices (yes, I know you can pretty much get into the next show without using Fastpass Plus).
It seemed like we were going a different direction, but we figured we must be mistaken. As we entered the building, we could tell for sure it was different.
It turned out that Fastpass Plus lines you up to enter thru the first few doors into the theater - toward the front.
And the front row contains some spots for guests traveling with wheelchairs and ECVs.
image115.jpg

image117.jpg

There is still wheelchair and ECV seating in the rear of the theater.
My DD was not quite sure if she liked being so close to the front at first, especially during the beginning when Flik is over your head. But, pretty soon she was laughing and enjoyed the show a lot more from the front. (She has difficulty seeing from theater back rows.

We disliked being up front. The smoke that comes out when the spiders dropped was seriously overwhelming up there. We couldn't actually see the spiders it was so thick. We also found it very difficult to see the 3D that close. DD16 discovered that if you close one eye you no longer have double vision but because it's so close, our eyes couldn't work together properly to make the 3D work.

Agee.
For us, it was a surprise but worked out OK For others it will be exactly what they don't want.

I noticed the same thing about the sort of cross-eyed looking. We didn't see the spiders at all (I think there was still too much most from the 'bug spray')

I posted it so people will know and not be surprised like we were.
Since there is usually a short wait, this might be one some people would choose NOT to do Fastpass Plus for.

We were also surprised but we don't have a lot of past experience with wheelchairs so I didn't realize that this was new.

I don't think it's a waste of a FP+ selection. We definitely got into the show at least 1 show earlier than we would have without our FP+. Over the 2 days we were there we only used 3 full sets of FP+ so why not use it there? I wonder if there's a way to sit in the back when using FP+? Logistics of getting back there may not be the easiest from the FP+ entrance.

Closing one eye does take care of that double vision/cross eye issue.

For those with sensory issues, be aware that you get sprayed a lot more up front than in the back. Of course those with sensory issues likely aren't in there anyway but my sensory avoiders just sit forward to avoid the physical inputs from the seat.

We were also surprised but we don't have a lot of past experience with wheelchairs so I didn't realize that this was new.

I don't think it's a waste of a FP+ selection. We definitely got into the show at least 1 show earlier than we would have without our FP+. Over the 2 days we were there we only used 3 full sets of FP+ so why not use it there? I wonder if there's a way to sit in the back when using FP+? Logistics of getting back there may not be the easiest from the FP+ entrance.

Closing one eye does take care of that double vision/cross eye issue.

For those with sensory issues, be aware that you get sprayed a lot more up front than in the back. Of course those with sensory issues likely aren't in there anyway but my sensory avoiders just sit forward to avoid the physical inputs from the seat.
At many times we have been there, it is a 5-10 minute wait (so basically anyone getting into line was getting into the next show).

I don't think it would be the easiest to get into the rear area, but it could probably be done with CM assistance.

The front wheelchair spots nosy have been there all along, but we were always in the back.

I liked being in front since I use reflective captioning. Did not like that the CM had no clue how to set the panel to see the captioning. The panel was so low I had to look down to see the words and then up to see the screen instead of seeing the screen through the panel.

We disliked being up front. The smoke that comes out when the spiders dropped was seriously overwhelming up there. We couldn't actually see the spiders it was so thick. We also found it very difficult to see the 3D that close. DD16 discovered that if you close one eye you no longer have double vision but because it's so close, our eyes couldn't work together properly to make the 3D work.

Maybe I would like that, I love the smell of stage smoke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter