Bugs!!

We had mosquitoes in March for spring break. I needed to spray on Off in the evenings. Without the Off, I got about 3 or 4 mosquito bites on the first evening of our trip.

We were there last week with quit a bit of rain and the Mosquitoes were definitely out. However it seemed like they were near our campsite(by the canal) much more than they were in some of the other areas.
I am not familiar with what you are calling a yellow fly, but there was a fly like insect that we encountered a few times that bites... Maybe that is the yellow fly??

The fly in other parts of the country is also called a Deer Fly. Yes, it bites, but you can't feel it when it does. All you see is a speck of blood on your skin. The swelling and (painful) itching come later. It actually is partially yellow and quite pretty to look at :)

It's a campground in central, humid Florida surrounded by water...there are definitely bugs. We were there this weekend and I most definitely have the bug bites to prove it. At the campsites the most I noticed was yellow flies and spiders (had 2 surprise guests in our car when we got back in to go home.) There are def. mosquitoes as well, the highest concentration of those are going to be around the beach and any of the canals and pools. The only time you're not going to find this true is if it has happened to reach near freezing temperatures. It definitely wasn't the worst experience I've had with bugs but just don't go down there expecting there aren't any bugs because that's just not true.

We just got back a couple weeks ago and there were those yellow flies that came out later in the day. I had a natural bug spray which I used. Didn't notice any other bugs like mosquitoes.

I'm guessing the deer fly is also the same thing we call horse fly in Wisconsin. Were doing our first trip in January, I'm guessing ants will be a problem. Hope not but will be prepared either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter