Build your own avatar

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
So my mom and I where talking and she said part of fop is building your own avatar can someone help me understand what my mom is talking about please

In the FoP ride you are genetically matched and then linked with an Avatar so you are able to "ride" the Banshee.

In the Pandora gift shop there is a item you can purchase where they kind of take your likeness and turn you into a action figure sized Avatar. Honestly, they all looked exactly the same to us so it seemed like a whole lot of money for a blue Barbie doll.

In the FoP ride you are genetically matched and then linked with an Avatar so you are able to "ride" the Banshee.

In the Pandora gift shop there is a item you can purchase where they kind of take your likeness and turn you into a action figure sized Avatar. Honestly, they all looked exactly the same to us so it seemed like a whole lot of money for a blue Barbie doll.

So it's one of those rides where you are let out at the gift shop so you can build your avatar after the ride

So it's one of those rides where you are let out at the gift shop so you can build your avatar after the ride

You aren't let directly out into the gift shop. It is very close though. You do not have to build your own avatar that is something completely different and is not required to ride or experience flight of passage.

You actually exit outside and walk down a short flight of stairs before getting to the gift shop and you can bypass it altogether if you want. The gift shop is very popular, however - there was always a line of people to get Banshees when we were there. We waited in a very long line to pay for our Banshee and the entire time we were there we saw only one women do the Avatar doll. It didn't look as popular as I thought it would be but I did notice MANY people making comments about how all the dolls looked exactly alike and not like individual people at all.

DGD did the custom Avatar doll. It does look a bit like her. It's mostly her face shape that it got.
They don't look exactly like the person though.
Still, she loves it. May just be a blue Barbie doll but can't get one anywhere else
DC6F840E-F0B0-46F1-AB54-46BF76E46161.jpg

I was mildly excited for avatar dolls until I saw the price tag... I kind of wish they'd just scrap the whole 'personalization' aspect and just release basic avatar dolls.

DGD did the custom Avatar doll. It does look a bit like her. It's mostly her face shape that it got.
They don't look exactly like the person though.
Still, she loves it. May just be a blue Barbie doll but can't get one anywhere else
DC6F840E-F0B0-46F1-AB54-46BF76E46161.jpg
No pun but your granddaughter is a doll
I was mildly excited for avatar dolls until I saw the price tag... I kind of wish they'd just scrap the whole 'personalization' aspect and just release basic avatar dolls.

How much are they

No pun but your granddaughter is a doll

How much are they
I think $75-80 like Angi said which isn't completely crazy considering it's personalized... BUT as others have said it's just not personalized enough or in my opinion high enough quality to pay what could be a new Lilly pulitzer scarf...

I haven't seen them in person so by all means I can and may be completely wrong, they could be extremely high quality... I'm sure they're an awesome must have for some... but I'm not a huge avatar fan to begin with so again I'm biased.

I think $75-80 like Angi said which isn't completely crazy considering it's personalized... BUT as others have said it's just not personalized enough or in my opinion high enough quality to pay what could be a new Lilly pulitzer scarf...

I haven't seen them in person so by all means I can and may be completely wrong, they could be extremely high quality... I'm sure they're an awesome must have for some... but I'm not a huge avatar fan to begin with so again I'm biased.

My mom seems very excited about it so I well see about saving my money so I can do this for her it would be my honor to do this for her she has and continues to do so much fo me

My mom seems very excited about it so I well see about saving my money so I can do this for her it would be my honor to do this for her she has and continues to do so much fo me
Aw that's so sweet of you! I'm sure she'll love it. Please take pics if you do I'd love to see more pics like Angi's.

I'm still on the fence but will hopefully get a good look and possibly fall in love enough to get one next March you never know.

I really wonder how personalized they are. DS13 wanted to do one when we were there and I told him to just wait and think about it. I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling it's just a couple of different versions of a boy doll and a few versions of the girl doll.

My husband and I both got them when we were there opening weekend. There is definitely a level of customization to it, as you get to pick out options for hair, eye color, ect. With this said, we didn't feel they in any way "looked" like us as avatars.

I should point out, to those that are curious, DGD picked a youth Avatar version of the doll. There are bigger, adult versions too. In case some wondered if her's looked smaller or different from others they've seen. I tried to talk her in to getting the full size adult version but she wanted the younger child one. Since it was hers (with her money) and not mine, it was her choice, not mine. They do sell accessory sets for them. I didn't check them out closely since we'd already donated enough of our money to Disney in the Pandora gift shop so I didn't find out if the clothes were universal or fit only the adult versions.

I call this a "show", its all show with no substance. This is how I believe how it is done. The dolls are mass produced, They have a group of heads out the back, and the pop the head onto the body and package them and give them to the customer. Why I believe this is because I watched a vid on youtube about someone getting one and the head did not match what they wanted.

I call this a "show", its all show with no substance. This is how I believe how it is done. The dolls are mass produced, They have a group of heads out the back, and the pop the head onto the body and package them and give them to the customer. Why I believe this is because I watched a vid on youtube about someone getting one and the head did not match what they wanted.
I hope they returned it and got the one they designed. No matter how you view them in regards to do they look like the person they are custom designed in the skin design, hair color, hair style and eye color. Maybe more, I forget now. If the doll given doesn't match the one designed it shouldn't be accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter