• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bull Shoals AR?

ajwolfe

DIS Veteran
I know this is fairly random, but I figure there might be someone from that area on here. :)

We are doing a camping trip down to the Bull Shoals State Park in AR in August and was wondering what all there is to do in the area that you can't miss. We have already rented a boat for day to take out on the Lake but was looking for a few other things to do the rest of the time. Also any can't miss restaurant's would be great too!

Thanks!

Bull Shoals is a larger lake, not sure what part you are staying in, but some parts fairly close to Branson Mo. There you'll be able to see variety shows, nicer restaurants and Silver Dollar City. Also in the Branson Area is Lake Taneycomo and the Branson Landing, this is a outside mall, with several stores, shops and restaurants, and some entertainment/ activities, such as zip line across the lake. There is a smaller Bass Pro Shops and a nice Fish Company restaurant. Silver Dollar City is a small theme park with several shows, and a few of roller coasters.

It's also near Table Rock Lake, which is a bit more commercialized and populated. This lake has the Show boat Branson Bell, dinner and lunch shows with entertainment.

Eureka Springs is near, there you will find many restaurants, shops/ antiques and natural springs, there is a Train that does a scenic trip with or without meals. (Branson also has a train tour). There's also Dogwood nature park that is owned by the Bass Pro Shops south of Branson, North of Branson is a Tiger Refuge and more zip lines.

We have a weekend camping lot with a permanent 5th Wheel and spend a lot of time in the Branson area, but mostly boating on Table Rock Lake. Ienjoy shopping in the outlet malls, eating at the Bass pro Fish Company, and the Showboat Branson Bell.

Thanks for the info. We do Branson quite frequently - SDC season passholders. But this trip we are staying on the AR side at the Bull Shoals AR State Park which is in Bull Shoals AR - assuming this is a fairly small town. We would not be venturing into the Branson area at all over this trip so I was looking for things to do there local to the state park.

Was just there last week!
My father recently moved to Mountain Home(about 20 min away).
We kayaked the lake.
The visitor's center is very nice. We did the dam "tour", no tours any more because of terrorism threat, but a nice little movie and a guided walk to overlook the dam and spillway. Other interresting info in the Visitor's Center. The dam tour is not everyday, I think three times a week. They did have some oother programs but forget what they were at the moment, maybe geared for younger kids?
Didn't do much else becuase it was so hot and just visiting family.

I grew up going there all the time; my grandparents had a house out on one of the remote inlets. When my son grew up, he inherited that house and lived there until his untimely death. There isn't much 'to do' around there, it's pretty hillbilly-ish. There used to be an observation tower that you could go up and see forever. The story of how the dam was built is really fascinating; when I first started going up there, you could still see where they ran the enormous conveyor belt for miles.

I love the area just because of family history and memories. You can fish for Rainbow Trout on the White River beneath the dam, that's fun if you like to fish. There is a trout hatchery out close to where my grandparents' house is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter