Bummer! 7 Dwarfs Mine Train closed during Halloween party

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
I know they've had limited attractions, but this one stings.
It was always a good time to ride it. Shoot.

One of the BIG draws of party nights for us is getting on that ride. We have never been able to get FP+ for it, and long waits are just not possible. We had every intention of attending the Nov 1 party but will hold off on getting tickets. If 7DMT is not open during the early season parties, I think we will invest those $$$ on a day in the Universal parks.

Jungle Cruise was usually always closed during the party I think.

Splash is being refurbished, so it's closed.

Makes one wonder if Thunder Mountain and Mine Train will be closed for refurbishment at certain points during the party season, so they aren't listed at all for the parties. Otherwise, NO reason for them not to be open during the party.

And the prices were raised. Ridiculous. For the first time, I pretty angry/disappointed with WDW.

Well, I wrote my first "angry" :p email to Disney.

I know it won't help, but made me feel better! Maybe they will clarify it was a mistake, or let the cat out of the bag about some scheduled refurbs.

Now I'm starting to get buyer's remorse...bought tickets for two nights...should have waited. I'm still gonna have a good time, regardless, but maybe would have done one night instead.

Last edited:
Well, I wrote my first "angry" :p email to Disney.
I know it won't help, but made me feel better! Maybe they will clarify it was a mistake, or let the cat out of the bag about some scheduled refurbs.

Came here to say this, word for word! I'm not sure if we ever even rode either of those rides during past MNSSHPs, but I'm angry on principle.

Dang!!! I bought tickets for August 25th. We even changed our flights and added a day at the resort just to go to this. What a terrible disappointment....

Is there any reason for the closing of the 7DMT and BTM during the party? The last party we went to back several years ago, was so crowded that it wasn't as enjoyable for us as in previous years. We opted last year not to go due to the high price and the last times experience.

Around $100 a ticket and very few headliners open, no way!

There are some of us who don't do M&G, dance parties, and stage shows, or SM (unless I want to throw my hip out). Only the parade, fireworks, candy, and headliners, so this just about shuts us out.

If this is true, it's a substantial downgrade in the experience. Even if you don't ride those things, they kept others involved and out of lines for characters and off the curb on Main Street. The less there is to do, the more crowded it will all feel.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...sed-for-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Actually, it's not just Mine Train. Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Jungle Cruise will be closed during the parties also.
I don't believe they had any verification from Disney or any sort of official announcement when this article was written. I'm actually quite shocked they'd publish this without verification. If it's been verified they haven't indicated that. Seems quite irresponsible to me to either publish without verification or verify but not include that piece of information.

It's no different than the multitude of panic posts that folks start when the list of restaurants that participate in the dining plan are first published. It's never complete when it's first released. Yet every single year someone posts "look what is no longer going to take the dining plan!" and every single time it's just a false alarm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter