Bus or car on EE MK day?

roadtripper

DIS Veteran
Hi--
So happy to have this board-- you all have helped my family with so many questions about touring the parks with our 6 year son, who has CP. Now I have a few questions of my own, and I'm sure you can help.
We'll be checking into OKW on a Sunday AM, and planned to drive over to the MK in time for the EE (Early Magic, or whatever they call it now). Our son uses a w/c.
Questions:
--Are we better off taking the car and parking at TTC handicapped area?
--Should we take the bus from OKW? I thought I read that some busses drop you off at the MK, not the TTC. Is that the case?
Although these sound like rookie questions, we actually went last year, but that was during the Character caravan fiasco! No early entry to contend with. Thanks for the help.

It depends if you want to ride the monorail or not. The bus will drop you off at MK but if you drive you will be at TTC.

Like Michigans said, the buses will drop you off at MK. If you drive, you will end up at the TTC. We're usually not put-together enough to go to ee (I have a teen with CP, so that means I have to do all the getting ready for a person who would prefer to stay in bed until noon and be up unitl 1am). I'm not positive what time the monorail and boat from TTC start running on ee days. Since the buses all go to MK, most WDW resort guests would be coming to MK on the bus.

If you do drive the boats and the monorail runs early on EE days. You have to show your room key to get past the gate.

I also have 2 sons with CP. I would go with Sue's recommendations that she's posted here before (I think I'm quoting you correctly, Sue):

Take the busses to MK, drive to the other parks. Epcot, MGM, and even AK have fairly close handicapped parking, but at MK you have to park at the TTC.

Our last day last year, we drove to MK, and getting out of there was a nightmare! It would have been much faster just to wait for a bus.

Yep, you got it right , Wade.
We have had a van in the past, so we sometimes choose to drive and sometimes to take the bus to the other parks, but I would never drive to MK. If you do, you have to wait to get on the boat or monorail to go to the TTC, then find your car and get out of the park (which can be an adventure itself when it is busy).

Ok-- as a followup question--
I don't remember seeing any space for busses at MK? Where do they drop you off? Thanks for your help everyone!

AS you leave the MK the bus area is the far left towards the Contemporary.

To add a little more description, when you are standing in front of the MK flower border with the giant Mickey flower design, if you look out toward Bay Lake, the monorails are to your right, the boat launches are sort of in front of you and the bus stop complex is to the far left (toward the Contemporary, as Lisa said). The bus stops are about the same distance to walk as it is to walk from the monorails.

Thanks everyone!
Bus to MK it is! Don't know how I missed that parking area last year. I do love hearing the "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!" on the monorail on that first trip in. We'll just have to take the resort monorail for a spin (and stop at the Polynesian for a Mai Tai?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter