bus ride to pleasure island

bubbles

Earning My Ears
Hi, leaving in a few days and still have not made plans for transportation. There are six of us, so I thought it would be the least expensive to get a limo from the airport. Now if we go to pleasure island, how are the busses? will it be a mistake to try and take the bus from the dolphin to pleasure island? OR should I just get the large car and drive. also anyone know which transport service can accomodate 6? thanks in advance

Absolutely not! The parking at Pleasure Island is a nightmare.

If I remember correct, the bus servicing the Swan/Dolphin also services, Yacht Club/Beach Club, and the Boardwalk. The Swan/Dolphin is the middle bus stop in both directions.

It's not a long bus drive, and plus that allows you to drink what you will and leave the driving to Disney!!

FYI - Tiffany Town Car has van service which holds up to $10 people for $85 or $90 round trip from the airport.

I'd go with the bus - just get off at the second Downtown Disney stop (the bus stops at DD Marketplace, the Pleasure Island, then DD Westside). An added benefit to the bus is that no one in your party needs to worry about having to drive back to the hotel. I know that I myself am a lightweight, and will not drive if I have had more than one drink, so the bus makes everything easier, and safer. Just be prepared for the fact that the buses to DD may be crowded in the evening, with everyone else also headed out to PI for the night.

Do the buses go from All Stars to PI regularly? How often (and how late) do they run to PI?

Yes, the buses run from All-Stars to PI. They run out to PI until about 1am and the last bus back to All-Stars is about 2:15 am.

For the very best entertainment at WDW, take the very last bus out of PI (The Drunk Bus). They load you up and stop at every resort that has people on the bus staying there.

It gets hilarious as people can't recall what part of their resort they are staying in, or even the name of their resort.

Anne

I love it!! I can only imagine what that bus must be like.
Scary tho, that there are probably hundreds of others in a similar condition driving off that parking lot in their own vehicles----

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
I love it!! I can only imagine what that bus must be like.
Scary tho, that there are probably hundreds of others in a similar condition driving off that parking lot in their own vehicles----

A drunk bus story...

The last week of January in 1998 I was on the drunk bus. We stopped at a couple of resorts to drop off/roll out guests. There was one particularly drunk man who was very rude and obnoxious. He had a chip on his shoulder the size of Alaska, and was taking it out on the driver.

We got to FW Campground where this guest at least thought he was staying with his equally drunk but not quite as beligerent girlfriend. They couldn't remember which loop they were staying on. The driver drove through all the loops several times with the drunk becoming more and more beligerent each time. Finally the drunk screams "This is it!". Which was nice, except that we weren't on any of the loops, we were on the road between them that is pitch black and in the middle of nowhere. The driver went by the old adage "The guest is always right" and kindly dropped them off. And drove away quickly as everyone else on the bus cheered and applauded. :D

And BTW--I was staying at SoG. The driver was kind enough to actually drive my friend and I who were both sober to SoG rather than leaving us to walk from the Poly or TTC in the middle of the night. He really didn't have to do that, but that's Disney Magic for you :)

Anne

Thanks, I took everyones advice and ordered a limo. We will take bus to PI. Leaving in 48 hours. will let you know how it worked out.

Just wanted to let you know that Disney CLosed the West Side Bus Stop at Downtown Disney
back in Nov 2001. Downtown Disney Buses only stop at Marketplace, Pleasure Island and Typhoon Lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter