Busch Gardens and Wristband

debbiemomto4

Mouseketeer
Just came back from Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. We had a very nice time despite the incredible heat and even a blacKout in the park! Foe anyone who would like to know. Yes there is a special wristband for kids who are in special strollers to be used as wheelchairs! I believe the wristband is for anyone who is handicapped. Went in spoke at Guest Relations figured I had nothing to lose and they placed on my ds a special blue bracelet to be used at handicapped entrances. We had just gotten his new pogon stroller perfect for his needs. He gets very tired with walking - in remission 3 yrs from cancer with periphereal neuropathy due to chemo. I'm so glad we did it though- park was very hot and some lines were long - worked like a fast pass- given a time to come back to the handicapped entrance. Some of there loading areas have the rotating turntable which he can never walk fast enough to do. Some have stairs or their lines are in the sun. He is also heavy at 67 lbs- thyroid issues due to neck radiation so carrying him is a problem. Bracelet allowed him and 3 others on ride - We actually only used it on 4 rides and 2 of them because of the loading area and car to fill would let all of us to ride. I thought I'll let you know if anyone was heading down there. :flower:

Thanks for sharing your experience about BG Williamsburg. My neighbors are there now.

Thanks for the information.
I have seen some infomercials a few years ago about Busch Gardens in Williamsberg, but don't know much about the park. Is it mostly thrill rides?

Busch Gardens has some thrill rides - 4 roller coasters, some water rides, a section for smaller children - very nice shows, about 3 4D rides and movies. It is set up like countries in Europe with some foods from that section. It has also won many yearly awards for the cleanest park. We enjoy it because it is closer to home - and its near Ocean City MD where we go to the beach. It also has a water park - but we haven't been there. We don't like the 6 Flags because they get very crowded but we enjoy amusement parks. Definitely something for everyone and clean! There is also Colonial Williamsburg closeby so you can get the educational and fun in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter