Buses to Parks in the Morning - How Reliable?

BeachPrincess

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me how reliable the buses from the resorts are early in the morning? The website says they start running 45 minutes prior to park opening. We are doing the Yuletide tour this Friday and need to check in at the front of Epcot at 8:45. FW opens at 9:00 so that should mean the buses from the resorts should start running at 8:15. If we could get on a bus right at 8:15 then I feel somewhat sure we would make it to our check in on time. However if they aren't reliable, I'd rather drive to Epcot to save myself the stress.

Can anyone tell me how reliable the buses from the resorts are early in the morning? The website says they start running 45 minutes prior to park opening. We are doing the Yuletide tour this Friday and need to check in at the front of Epcot at 8:45. FW opens at 9:00 so that should mean the buses from the resorts should start running at 8:15. If we could get on a bus right at 8:15 then I feel somewhat sure we would make it to our check in on time. However if they aren't reliable, I'd rather drive to Epcot to save myself the stress.

It's been a while, but I feel like the buses started running WAY before 45 minutes. I believe I've read that the busses start running (at least to MK) around 630 or so. But they are infrequent. What resort are you staying at?

It's been a while, but I feel like the buses started running WAY before 45 minutes. I believe I've read that the busses start running (at least to MK) around 630 or so. But they are infrequent. What resort are you staying at?
Pop Century

We had an 8:10 Epcot breakfast reservation last week on a 9:00 opening day and caught a bus from all star music around 7:15 and got to the park with time to spare. Have fun!

The bus starts running much earlier than that. More like 6:30.

And the buses there are designated just for POP (occasionally dropping at AoA) so once you're on the bus, you're good to go with no additional stops!
Actually ended up booking the AS Music, rather than PoP, because an AP rate room came open yesterday afternoon.

We are AP and can park for free but we will be hopping on Friday and will end up at DHS for the JBJB dessert party. I know we'll have cocktails so we don't want to have to be moving the car from Epcot after our tour, driving after drinking, etc. That is why I cancelled our off site reservation yesterday and booked on site last minute. I never thought taking a bus that early was an option until I asked the question here.

I've been reading some rants about how bad the buses have been lately. People are saying they have waited in line 40+ minutes more than once. We were there in October for F&W and did not have this problem. I think the longest we waited was about 20 minutes. We will probably try and get to the stop about 7:30-7:45am to get to Epcot by 8:45. Hopefully we will have plenty of time.

Be aware that while the buses do start running about 6:30, they probably won't be running on the usual 20 min schedule, nor arriving right at 6:30, that early. Especially to any park that doesn't have the word "Magic" in it. Getting to the bus stop at 7:30 will probably not give you enough time (although it could if Tink is in the area and feeling generous). You need to seriously consider Disney's "at least" 90 minute recommendation for this one. I would suggest no later than 7:00.

Steve

Be aware that while the buses do start running about 6:30, they probably won't be running on the usual 20 min schedule, nor arriving right at 6:30, that early. Especially to any park that doesn't have the word "Magic" in it. Getting to the bus stop at 7:30 will probably not give you enough time (although it could if Tink is in the area and feeling generous). You need to seriously consider Disney's "at least" 90 minute recommendation for this one. I would suggest no later than 7:00.

Steve
Unfortunately you are probably right and we may end up just driving to Epcot to make our tour time. When the tour is over and we are dropped back off at Epcot, we could then drive back to the resort and take the bus to DHS so that we don't have to drive after our evening. We are trying to make it as simple as possible and drive as little as possible.

Yep might have to but trying to avoid driving to two different parks on Friday and also driving after cocktails at the JBJB dessert party.
Well, you may be lucky as they do provide early buses from the resorts to the parks for PPO ADR so you could probably get the bus before 8am as the character breakfasts at Epcot start at 8am, so they must provide a bus service. Many years ago (before I drove in US) we had a 7am Chef Mickey ADR on an 8am MK opening day. We went to reception to at 6.30am to order a taxi when an MK bus pulled up. We cancelled the taxi, jumped on board, chatted to the driver and he actually drove to the Contemporary resort and dropped us at the door.

Well, you may be lucky as they do provide early buses from the resorts to the parks for PPO ADR so you could probably get the bus before 8am as the character breakfasts at Epcot start at 8am, so they must provide a bus service. Many years ago (before I drove in US) we had a 7am Chef Mickey ADR on an 8am MK opening day. We went to reception to at 6.30am to order a taxi when an MK bus pulled up. We cancelled the taxi, jumped on board, chatted to the driver and he actually drove to the Contemporary resort and dropped us at the door.
You should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

We enjoyed similar pixie dust from a driver one evening, when we were trying to get to an ADR at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We hopped a late bus to Animal Kingdom, figuring we'd get a resort bus from there. The driver said to us, "You know the park's closed, right?" and we explained our plan to him. He told us to sit tight and drove us right to AKL! We were so grateful!

@BeachPrincess - In general, we've had very good experiences with the busses at Pop Century. I haven't stayed at the All Stars, though. While you can't ever be assured of catching a bus right at six thirty, they do seem to run quite regularly in the morning. (Though it can be a bit frustrating waiting 15 or 20 minutes for a bus to your park, while six half-full busses to Magic Kingdom sail by.) I'd think if you're at the stop by 7:30-7:45am, you should get there in plenty of time. Barring acts of mis-transportation, that is.

If you've waited half an hour and find yourself getting nervous, you can call for a cab at the front desk. Also, guest services can alert them that you're running late for your tour.

There's actually a wee bit of leeway with that 8:45 tour check in. They will wait a few minutes for you, if they know you're on the way. We've done a couple Epcot tours, and we've always waited 15 minutes or so for stragglers. They know how hard it can be to get around the parks and they'll try their best to accommodate you. In one case, a very nice couple joined up with our tour about forty minutes in. A cast member brought them to us.

We enjoyed similar pixie dust from a driver one evening, when we were trying to get to an ADR at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We hopped a late bus to Animal Kingdom, figuring we'd get a resort bus from there. The driver said to us, "You know the park's closed, right?" and we explained our plan to him. He told us to sit tight and drove us right to AKL! We were so grateful!

@BeachPrincess - In general, we've had very good experiences with the busses at Pop Century. I haven't stayed at the All Stars, though. While you can't ever be assured of catching a bus right at six thirty, they do seem to run quite regularly in the morning. (Though it can be a bit frustrating waiting 15 or 20 minutes for a bus to your park, while six half-full busses to Magic Kingdom sail by.) I'd think if you're at the stop by 7:30-7:45am, you should get there in plenty of time. Barring acts of mis-transportation, that is.

If you've waited half an hour and find yourself getting nervous, you can call for a cab at the front desk. Also, guest services can alert them that you're running late for your tour.

There's actually a wee bit of leeway with that 8:45 tour check in. They will wait a few minutes for you, if they know you're on the way. We've done a couple Epcot tours, and we've always waited 15 minutes or so for stragglers. They know how hard it can be to get around the parks and they'll try their best to accommodate you. In one case, a very nice couple joined up with our tour about forty minutes in. A cast member brought them to us.
Thanks so much for all the info, very good to know! We have been AP holders for about 10 years but this is our very first tour so we have no experience with it at all. We are trying to avoid driving because we are park hopping that day and it will just be a hassle moving the car etc. So I think our plan is to get to the bus stop around 7:30-7:45, as you suggest. If no bus by 8:15ish, we'll just go ahead and drive over to make sure we make it on time. We don't do rope drop as we prefer to go to the parks a little later in the morning and stay until close, so we have no experience early morning bus service either. This trip will contain several firsts for us, always a good thing!

Reporting back after our experience with catching the Disney bus early from the resort. We arrived at the stop for Epcot at 7:30 am (AS Music). The board stated the bus should arrive by 7:45 and it did, on the dot. We were going through security at Epcot by 8:05, PLENTY of time to make our tour check in at 8:45. Thanks to all for their advice, it was extremely helpful and the tour was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter