Buses, Uber or car rental?

kgould01

Earning My Ears
We are rope drop people who have always had our own car at Disney. However, this time we are flying. Our current plan is to use Disney transportation, but the more I read and hear and think about it, the more unreliable that option seems for getting to parks early for a good spot in line for rope dropping each morning. I have thought about Ubering every morning (but have never done it and am not sure about cost, time, or reliability that early in the morning) or just breaking down and renting a car. The expense of the rental car plus the resort fee for parking seems like a lot, but maybe it is worth it? Thoughts?

We have done all 3 and have decided that uber/lyft is the best option for us.

When you factor in the cost of the rental, parking fees,gas and any insurance you might buy, The cost was pretty much a wash between renting a car and using rideshare depending on how many rides you do a day. We averaged 4 a day between going to the parks and going off property. it was much less stress to wait under 5 minutes for each ride than trying to find a parking spot and driving in the crazy traffic.

As long as you don’t have small children that need a car seat and have 4 people or less in your party I highly recommend using rideshare.

We are in the same boat for our April trip. We usually fly to Florida, rent a car, visit relatives over in the Tampa/Sarasota area, head to WDW for a few days, and then head back to Tampa--so a rental car was always needed. This year, however, we are going to WDW first (Friday-Wednesday) and then renting a car to visit in Tampa. We are at the Dolphin so our plan is to WALK to rope drop Epcot and DHS. We are not rope dropping MK because we bought tickets to an After Hours Event there and will be able to get on all the rides then. To rope drop AK, however, I haven't decided if we should use Disney Bus or Uber/Lyft.

I looked into renting a car for a longer period of time but when you factor in the additional cost plus parking fees it just adds way too much to already expensive vacation.

So, the real question is Ride Share or Disney Transpo?

Buses are running by 6:30 every morning. I have never, ever had any difficulty getting to the parks in plenty of time for rope drop.
Same. We drive to Disney and park our car and do not get back in it until we leave a week later. We also rope drop most mornings via bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter