Bush Gardens in a day?

It's Busch;) and I think it can be done. If you go on the right day I've ridden all the coasters by 1. Go to Gwazi first, then Montu, and after that it doesn't really matter. Kumba, Scorpion, and Python all have lines to a minimum. Rhino Rally can build a line up that is NOT worth the wait. Wait 30 minutes, no more. As for the animals, there are no lines. It can easily be done.

It can be done, but it will have to be somewhat "commando style". We went last year and got there upon the opening of the park, and stayed until they kicked us out. We felt like there were still some things we wanted to see and do.

If you are mainly interested in the rides, you can certainly hit all of them in one day. But they also have a lot of shows, and a train ride, etc.

I would say that one day in any given vacation time is enough. But we will plan to put Busch Gardens on our vacation itinerary for most of our future Florida vacations.

(I guess I still have the pres. on my mind) Thank you for the responses. We are going to the Busch on saturday dec 1st. Even know its a saturday I am hoping the crowds are less. Rhino Rally sure looks fun. But you say it really isnt worth the wait. Why is that? Which animal attractions will be worth the wait?? Sorry for all the questions but which water rides should be avoided if the weather isnt too warm?

I think it's really hard to do everything at Busch Gardens in a day. But like someone said earlier, if you just want to do the rides, it's probabaly doable. And if you aren't into the coasters then it's more than doable.

One suggestion that I like to pass along for folks who have two days to spend there is to devote one day to the rides and the other to the animal exhibits and the shows. It's a very different kind of experience.

It also means you'll have the time to spare to wait for a window seat overlooking the Serengeti Plain at the Crown Colony restaurant -- one of the neatest ways to have lunch in Florida.

As to Rhino Rally, since they toned it down after a vehicle tipped over, it's a fairly tame way to see some animals. Still a good ride, though. make it your first stop if you get there at opening.

Originally posted by bbabill
But you say it really isnt worth the wait. Why is that? Which animal attractions will be worth the wait?? Sorry for all the questions but which water rides should be avoided if the weather isnt too warm?

Rhino Rally is not worth the wait because it is quite short. The animal part is enjoyable, but not worth above a 30 min. wait because you could have basically similar experiences in Edge of Africa. The river part is a awful attempt at some thrills. It's quite embarrasing. They should have just had more animals. But if you like coasters more than animals go to Gwazi first. There really are no animal attractions with lines besides Rhino Rally. Take a look at the Nursery, Myombe Reserve, Edge of Africa, Koala/Bird areas(bird show ain't bad), and the train ride. Best water ride is definately Tidal Wave, followed by Congo River, then the flume(however you do not get that wet on this). Whatever you do, do not forget Scorpion! Low line, great ride.

I think you see a better variety of animals at Kilijamro Safari at AK than Rhino Rally. Besides, last time I rode it, you could see the track in the water! So much for the illusion.

I agree that Rhino Rally is not worth waiting in a long line for. It is very tame and short and it is amazing to me that Busch spent 20 million on this ride as reported in the local papers here. Yes, you can see the rails on the water portion and I laugh everytime I ride it during this portion of the ride. This ride was plagued with breakdowns for months and yet Busch kept advertising the ride constantly in the Tampa media. If the wait is more than 30 minutes, don't waste your time. There are much better ways to spend your time.

If you really want to do Rhino Rally, hit it first thing or do the single rider lines. Save the long waits for Montu and Gwazi. :)

Rhino's for some reason I really want to see just to see them. Are there any rides or animal attractions that might be worth missing?

Some of the animal exhibits you will walk by anyway on your way to the rides, so take a few minutes to see them.

I think you can stand to miss the Showjumper's Hall of Fame and Akbar. :)

The husband and I did the park in a day. We were there before opening and stayed until close and even did the safari ride in Africa. We spend plenty of time looking at the animals and hit all the rides we wanted to - our only regret was missing the dolphin show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter