• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bush gardens

toandjo

Mouseketeer
Going at the beginning of May, does anyone know if we can leave the park and parking for lunch and then return after lunch? Drive to nearby fast food and then go back. Just trying to save on lunch as there will be 5 of us. Or maybe pack a cooler and leave in car?? Any suggestions or ideas?

You can walk across the street to Taco Bell or McDonalds. No need to move your car if you want to eat there.

i think you will loose too much time. My husband and I spilt nachos at the Dragon Fire Grill for about $5.50 each. The food at Zambia smokehouse is very good too. Just share something and chow down once you leave the park for the day. Hide breakfast bars in your pockets to get you through. By the time you walk out of the park, take the tram, walk to your car and drive somewhere then repeat the process back, you will loose 1-2 hours of time.

i think you will loose too much time. My husband and I spilt nachos at the Dragon Fire Grill for about $5.50 each. The food at Zambia smokehouse is very good too. Just share something and chow down once you leave the park for the day. Hide breakfast bars in your pockets to get you through. By the time you walk out of the park, take the tram, walk to your car and drive somewhere then repeat the process back, you will loose 1-2 hours of time.

I agree with this. BG is also near USF and several major hospitals. It’s a busy place. Th VA hospitals is nearby and sometimes I stop at Chipotle after an appointment and I have waited in line 30 minutes to place my order. The nearby mall (University Mall) is not a good mall. Most stores have been closing and relocating to other malls. The last time I was there a few years ago there was a fight in one of the bigger department stores. A lady with her hair in curlers showed up chasing a couple. I think it was a domestic issue. We ran the other way because it wouldn’t have surprised me if shots were to be fired. Several plain clothes security officers came running in to break it up. Most locals will not go there at night. I have had security trucks slowly follow me from he building to my car. I didn’t ask them to do that, it’s their job. They have several More security trucks patrolling compared to other malls.

I agree with PP's. Stay in the park. Bring a cooler to supplement in -park food. We always bring a small cooler with water and drinks to carry around. Not buying drinks saves a lot of $$.

It was my understanding that there were no outside food and drinks allowed in the park. Is this correct??

We took bottled water in a small cooler and we had a Powerade for my son. DH has medication that needs refrigeration so we have a small cooler with ice. They allowed that. The website says you can take water bottles- not other beverages or food. But you could have a large cooler in your car and go back to your vehicle for a snack which is quicker than leaving and driving off site.

It was my understanding that there were no outside food and drinks allowed in the park. Is this correct??

I was there in December and was only allowed water bottles. Same with Sea World and Universal.

Edit to add: Seems to be the luck of the draw if you get employees who don't care. We weren't lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter