Busy parks and hearing aids

patchchild

Mouseketeer<br><font color=deeppink>Shorties of th
We're taking my just over two year old son to Disney for the first time this September and we're off the walls excited! I know he's going to adore it. We've used both ASL and English since he was born but over the last six months or so, he's exploded with oral language and our ASL has fallen behind his speech by a lot. We still use it, but we're all so much more fluent in English.

Now the challenges. I know that loud busy places make it very, very hard for him to hear well. Are we going to back to ASL for the trip? Is there anything we should know about hearing aids for spending lots of time in places with lots of background noise?

And all the water splashing? Yikes!

Any help, experience, or tips?

Sorry, I can't be much help. I don't know ASL, but would love to learn it. I wear 2 hearing aides so I can hear, I have profound loss. When I go where there is water (pools, not splashing) I don't wear them, as I'm afraid of them getting wet. One bit of advice I would give you is to have estra batteries with you. I was in Disney, I think it was in 06, and my batteries died. I had no car, and DIsney did not sell hearing aide batteries, I had to have them delivered from a local drugstore and was not happy paying an extra charge for delivery. I lower the sound on mine when around alot of people, the extra noise can be very stressful for people who really can't hear well.

Enjoy Disney and if I can help any more, feel free to PM me.:goodvibes

We're taking my just over two year old son to Disney for the first time this September and we're off the walls excited! I know he's going to adore it. We've used both ASL and English since he was born but over the last six months or so, he's exploded with oral language and our ASL has fallen behind his speech by a lot. We still use it, but we're all so much more fluent in English.

Now the challenges. I know that loud busy places make it very, very hard for him to hear well. Are we going to back to ASL for the trip? Is there anything we should know about hearing aids for spending lots of time in places with lots of background noise?

And all the water splashing? Yikes!

Any help, experience, or tips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter