Buy BWV Direct Length?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
I talked with sales and they said it's the shorter contract but I have read here thay it would be 50 years unless I misunderstood.

Can someone clarify as we are possibly looking at buying and looking at options of resale vs direct.

If you buy BWV, your contract will end on Jan 31, 2042. Same with OKW (unless you got an extended contract and that date is Jan 31, 2057), BCV, VWL, VB, HHI. It doesn't matter if you buy direct or resale.

THe only resort you can purchase for the full 50 years right now is Riviera.

I talked with sales and they said it's the shorter contract but I have read here thay it would be 50 years unless I misunderstood.

Can someone clarify as we are possibly looking at buying and looking at options of resale vs direct.
There are a number of resorts BW, BC, BR, and some OKW which will expire in 2042. The only variation is if you were to buy OKW direct you would get the 2057 expiration. They offered an extension to OKW members many years ago. Some took it some didn't, so now on the resale market you will see some with the 2042 expiration and some 2057. They did not offer this to BW, BC, BR resorts so whether you buy direct or resale it will expire in 2042. Initially when the contracts were for sale they had 50 years on them.

There are a number of resorts BW, BC, BR, and some OKW which will expire in 2042. The only variation is if you were to buy OKW direct you would get the 2057 expiration. They offered an extension to OKW members many years ago. Some took it some didn't, so now on the resale market you will see some with the 2042 expiration and some 2057. They did not offer this to BW, BC, BR resorts so whether you buy direct or resale it will expire in 2042. Initially when the contracts were for sale they had 50 years on them.
I don’t know about all of those you listed, but not all of them were 50 year contracts. BCV opened the DVC building in 2002, selling 40 year contracts ending in 2042. Seems like Disney does what they want, when they want, perhaps based on who’s in charge of major decisions at any given moment.

I don’t know about all of those you listed, but not all of them were 50 year contracts. BCV opened the DVC building in 2002, selling 40 year contracts ending in 2042. Seems like Disney does what they want, when they want, perhaps based on who’s in charge of major decisions at any given moment.

It seems like for the first 10-11 years or so they figured DVC would end in 2042. Then they realized they were making good money and the interest wasn't dying off so they needed to commit to going longer and keep making lots of money.

The expirations for each resort are the same with Disney vs Resale. Below is a chart detailing each resorts expiration year:

Animal Kingdom - Deed Expires 2057 - 38 years remaining
Bay Lake Tower - Deed Expires 2060 - 41 years remaining
Beach Club - Deed Expires 2042 - 23 years remaining
Boardwalk Villas - Deed Expires 2042 - 23 years remaining
Grand Californian - Deed Expires 2060 - 41 years remaining
Old Key West - Deed Expires 2042- 23 years remaining
Old Key West - Deed Expires 2057 (If Extended) - 38 years remaining
Saratoga Springs - Deed Expires 2054 - 35 years remaining
Boulder Ridge Wilderness Lodge - Deed Expires 2042 - 24 years remaining
Hilton Head - Deed Expires 2042 - 23 years remaining
Vero Beach - Deed Expires 2042 - 23 years remaining
Aulani Ko'Olina - Deed Expires 2062 - 43 years remaining
Grand Floridian - Deed Expires 2064 - 45 years remaining
Polynesian - Deed Expires 2066 - 47 years remaining
Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek - Deed Expires 2068 - 49 years remaining
Riviera Resort - Deed Expires 2070 - 50 years (once it opens)

Last edited:
The expirations for each resort are the same with Disney vs Resale. Below is a chart detailing each resorts expiration year:

Saratoga Springs - Deed Expires 2054 - 23 years remaining
OKW direct is always extended to 2057

Saratoga Springs - Deed Expires 2054 - 23 years remaining

Saratoga Springs - Deed Expires 2054 - 35 years, not 23

Sorry about that, I corrected the Saratoga Springs time left to 35 years....that was a typo. And I added the Old Key West 2057 Expiration. You can purchase these extended Old Key West package via resale (when available), but if you were to purchase direct from Disney - Old Key West - yes they would sell it as a 2057 expiration (not 2042). I believe the cost is $156 per point directly. Resales are around $103 to $110 (depending on the size of the package and points available).

What is the typical sales cycle for a contract through DVC Store? From offer to close how long do you see it typically take?

What is the typical sales cycle for a contract through DVC Store? From offer to close how long do you see it typically take?

Go check out the closing time thread. The short answer seems to be about 60-90 days from offer to points in account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter