• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying 2 smaller contracts direct vs one larger

So my guide just called and said that quality assurance told him that if I buy 2 75 points, I wouldn’t get the member benefits because at least 1 contract has to be 125 pts.

This was not the case for us in September when the minimum was 100 points. We had to have both contracts at the same home resort. That was the only stipulation. If you want my guide's name, send me a message and I'll send you his way.

If I were you and have a real interest in buying, I would email the guide with a direct link to the information and ask him to define accumulate.
This was not the case for us in September when the minimum was 100 points. We had to have both contracts at the same home resort. That was the only stipulation. If you want my guide's name, send me a message and I'll send you his way.
From everything that I've read on the boards, I thought he was incorrect, but he insisted that he just spent 30 min on the phone with quality assurance and that's what they told him. I may just stick with the 150 point contract. This thread made me realize that if I split into 2 75 pointers, I wouldn't want to lose the benefits by going under 125 by selling one, so I'd only sell in an emergency.

This thread made me realize that if I split into 2 75 pointers, I wouldn't want to lose the benefits by going under 125 by selling one, so I'd only sell in an emergency.

Thats assuming there are any benefits that matter to you. If you decided you want to go every other year now and no longer want a season passes, or it only covers T-TH tickets you don’t want or whatever, maybe it’s time to sell. No drama necessarily. Blue Card perks have changed a lot over time, and who knows what they will look like in 20 years.

Last edited:
Since 125 is the minimum for blue perks and that is the reason you are buying, I would buy one contract and save on closing costs. Any other add-on I would break into smaller contracts

We initially purchased three contracts direct (100 points each) for each of our kids at VGC.
Then we bought a large resale subsidized contract (270 points) at Aulani. I would have rather bought smaller contracts at Aulani, but we really wanted to purchase a subsidized contract. I rarely see subsidized AUL contracts plus the price per point was a great deal, so we just went for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter