Buying a Scooter, any suggestions?

Mickey527

DIS Veteran
I have some problems when I am at WDW with walking and have rented a scooter in the past.
I just found out that my insurance will pay 100% for a personal scooter so I was thinking that I should get one now instead of renting one since insurance won't pay for rentals.
I did some research and for every good review on each model I found just as many bad reviews. I am very confused on what I should buy.
I know I need one that comes apart so I can bring it with me. I drive a Kia Sportage that has a good size back trunk area so I can take it apart and store it but I am also thinking I might get a tow for the back of my car.
I would like it to have a long range, some of the ones I see have only a 9 mile usage before needing to be charged.
I weight less than 150 lbs but sometimes I bring my grandson with me and would like to have him on my lap since I don't feel he would be able to stay with me at the parks. I am sure he could walk the right speed but I see the way people are with scooters and I think we would get seperated by the masses.
I don't need it in my house and have no problems with walking up and down stairs at home since I can go at my own speed. But I took my grandson to Washington DC last week and I don't remember that many stairs at the Lincoln Memorial when I was younger...
I would appreciate any suggestions. thanks

I really like my Pride Go Go Elite Traveller Plus. It's made for someone over twice my weight so I have no problems with the batteries running down even if I take it in the parks all day. My husband takes it in and out of the car for me.

I wouldn't plan on having your grandson on your lap while riding any scooter though. It's not allowed in the parks for good reason. If he were to fall off of your lap you could run him over. Having a child on your lap while driving a scooter is dangerous for many different reasons.

icouldlivethere said:
I really like my Pride Go Go Elite Traveller Plus. It's made for someone over twice my weight so I have no problems with the batteries running down even if I take it in the parks all day. My husband takes it in and out of the car for me.

I wouldn't plan on having your grandson on your lap while riding any scooter though. It's not allowed in the parks for good reason. If he were to fall off of your lap you could run him over. Having a child on your lap while driving a scooter is dangerous for many different reasons.

Technically if you OWN the ECV there is no rule about passengers. That is in the rental agreements between renters and either WDW or the other rental agencies.
It is not safe and the manufacturer advises against passengers but it is not against a Disney rule on a personally owned ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter