Buying A Small Contract Question

pinnocchiosdad

DIS Veteran
I asked this question recently, but I am still a liitle in the dark on this. I own at AKV. When KT happens I would like a small contract (50-60 points). Where will these points come from. Disney sells minimum 160 point contracts. Will Disney sell me 50 KT points. Or will they only offr these small contracts to KT owners. I see many members have a home resort and several small contracts. Where do these little points come from?

I asked this question recently, but I am still a liitle in the dark on this. I own at AKV. When KT happens I would like a small contract (50-60 points). Where will these points come from. Disney sells minimum 160 point contracts. Will Disney sell me 50 KT points. Or will they only offr these small contracts to KT owners. I see many members have a home resort and several small contracts. Where do these little points come from?

If you already own a DVC contract, you simply do an add-on through Disney. You can buy any number of points you want for an add-on. THe only caviot is that you need to buy a minimum of 25 and if you want to finance, it will have go be a minimum of 50. We have 3 contracts, all purchased direct from DVC. One is 230 points, one is 150 points, and one is 69 points at a different resort. Disney will only sell you points in your same use year though.

Disney will sell current owners small add-on contracts starting at 25 points, and 50 points if financed. Eventually some people will decide that they do not want their small contracts and will sell them to people through TTS and others.

I'm also in the "Waiting for KT Club"

Disney will sell current owners small add-on contracts starting at 25 points, and 50 points if financed. Eventually some people will decide that they do not want their small contracts and will sell them to people through TTS and others.

I'm also in the "Waiting for KT Club"

I am interested in getting an add on contract for 50 points for Beach Club Villas - is this doable through Disney? I am sure there is a wait list. I know when I broached this subject with my guide, he basically brushed me off and said there was at least a 2 year wait. Is this true?

I am interested in getting an add on contract for 50 points for Beach Club Villas - is this doable through Disney? I am sure there is a wait list. I know when I broached this subject with my guide, he basically brushed me off and said there was at least a 2 year wait. Is this true?

Yes, it's doable - but they need to have points available in your Use Year. BCV points are sometimes immediately available and sometimes may require a wait. I don't know about the "2 years" comment, but BCV is a resort where add-ons may be available thru DVC directly.

I've done 4 add-ons at BCV. For three of them, the points were immediately available with no waiting and were in my account that same day. For the one time I had to wait, it was only a bit over 3 weeks.

It really depends on which Use Year you have. Some have long waitlists for BCV points, while others don't.

I have a March UY.

I've done 4 add-ons at BCV. For three of them, the points were immediately available with no waiting and were in my account that same day. For the one time I had to wait, it was only a bit over 3 weeks.

It really depends on which Use Year you have. Some have long waitlists for BCV points, while others don't.

I have a March UY.

I am new to this...so use year is the month you get your points each year? TIA

Assuming the resort happens, becomes part of DVC and that DVD continues past approaches, the answer is yes. The assumptions are reasonable based on past experience and the other info available but certainly not guaranteed. Disney could open the resort but not as part of DVC, even if they make it a timeshare. They could also require a different minimum purchase if they so chose.

If you already own a DVC contract, you simply do an add-on through Disney. You can buy any number of points you want for an add-on. THe only caviot is that you need to buy a minimum of 25 and if you want to finance, it will have go be a minimum of 50. We have 3 contracts, all purchased direct from DVC. One is 230 points, one is 150 points, and one is 69 points at a different resort. Disney will only sell you points in your same use year though.

I am still missing it. Do I have to do the addon at my home resort or will disney sell me 50 points where ever I desire. And if and when thet sell KT will I be able to buy 50 points at the initial offering. TYIA

I am still missing it. Do I have to do the addon at my home resort or will disney sell me 50 points where ever I desire. And if and when thet sell KT will I be able to buy 50 points at the initial offering. TYIA
Currently DVC will sell you points at any DVC resort they currently have points to sell. You can buy as few as 25 points but it must be 50 points if you finance. Assuming KT is a DVC resort and DVD doesn't change their approach, you will be able to do what you are asking for existing members. It's likely there will be a discount that kicks in at a higher level of 100-120 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter