• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying an AP directly from Disney - how does it work?

I bought an AP and haven't activated it, but it won't give me discounts in the shop parks app, although it is linked to me & my account on MDE??

I bought an AP and haven't activated it, but it won't give me discounts in the shop parks app, although it is linked to me & my account on MDE??
Well, the first question is, are you signed in on the Shop Parks App with the same account as your AP is connected to?

Well, the first question is, are you signed in on the Shop Parks App with the same account as your AP is connected to?
Yes, I just signed in because it was on my mother's account, but now it's on mine which the AP is linked to

Yes, I just signed in because it was on my mother's account, but now it's on mine which the AP is linked to
What happens if you click Shop Online from MDE online? Does it see the discount then?

It's showing Stitch, someone ate the page :rolleyes2
Well, that's a mess, isn't it? When there are glitches, seems there are GLITCHES. Disney likes the go big or go home policy when it comes to messing up

You do see the AP on your list of tickets under Reservations and Tickets, right?
You may try closing your browser down and signing back in, starting from scratch.

Well, that's a mess, isn't it? When there are glitches, seems there are GLITCHES. Disney likes the go big or go home policy when it comes to messing up

You do see the AP on your list of tickets under Reservations and Tickets, right?
You may try closing your browser down and signing back in, starting from scratch.
Yes, it's definitely listed on there under my name & my account, I'll try that & maybe closing the app/signing out & back in. Thanks for the help!

I just made a purchase from the shop Disney parks app and after I managed to remember my password it did automatically take the 20% off for the AP. So thanks to everyone's advice and help here, I bought an AP, got it linked automatically to MDE, and got the automatic AP discount on the Shop Disney Parks app. So... Thanks :disrocks:.

I went online to buy the AP, got an email confirmation, AP appears in my MDE account. I have not been to a park yet to activate it.

My question: I think AP holders are entitled to a Magic Band. When do you get to customize it? I asked when I was on the phone with Disney for another reason, and I was told you can't customize that Magic Band until after you activate your AP. Is that correct?

(I don't need that Magic Band, but if I'm entitled to one I'd like to know when it happens.)

I went online to buy the AP, got an email confirmation, AP appears in my MDE account. I have not been to a park yet to activate it.

My question: I think AP holders are entitled to a Magic Band. When do you get to customize it? I asked when I was on the phone with Disney for another reason, and I was told you can't customize that Magic Band until after you activate your AP. Is that correct?

(I don't need that Magic Band, but if I'm entitled to one I'd like to know when it happens.)
For once, they were correct on the phone.

I called today & they said that you can't get discounts with a non-activated AP anymore apparently... Oh well!!

I called today & they said that you can't get discounts with a non-activated AP anymore apparently... Oh well!!
They say that. They are wrong. There is something else creating a problem with your MDE account. Everyone else is able to get discounts with an AP prior to it being activated.

Sorry 2nd question does not make sense... my daughter was climbing all over me at the time. Can you buy more than 1 party night ticket or does each person need there own annual pass? For example, could I buy party tix for me, DH, DD6, and other DD2 (will be 3 when we go)?

This was brought up a day or two ago by @ravenclawtrekkie, she said there is a limit to how many party tickets an AP can buy for guests. I want to say she said 4 discounted tickets per AP and that's including the AP's ticket

They say that. They are wrong. There is something else creating a problem with your MDE account. Everyone else is able to get discounts with an AP prior to it being activated.

@becca_ When I was on the phone making a Disney reservation, they gave me the Disney Internet Help Desk phone number: 407-939-7765

I too have been debating the purchase of of a AP though one point that I can not get past,is the magic bands.From what I have read,please correct if I'm wrong. Your magic bands are sent to you..... AFTER you activate the pass at GR.What good are they going to be for me if I'm in FL and they get sent to MA??

I too have been debating the purchase of of a AP though one point that I can not get past,is the magic bands.From what I have read,please correct if I'm wrong.

1. Your magic bands are sent to you..... AFTER you activate the pass at GR.
2. What good are they going to be for me if I'm in FL and they get sent to MA??

1. USUALLY, that is the case.
2. Very occasionally, a guest will be able to get an AP MB before the first AP trip.

I, personally, could not care less about using a MB vs. the AP card.
I made countless trips before the MB came along.

If you really want one, you can buy a MB.

I too have been debating the purchase of of a AP though one point that I can not get past,is the magic bands.From what I have read,please correct if I'm wrong. Your magic bands are sent to you..... AFTER you activate the pass at GR.What good are they going to be for me if I'm in FL and they get sent to MA??

I know. And it's not like they're stingy with the Magic Bands. As an example, if someone plans a split stay, they get a Magic Band for each hotel. As another example, until recently you could not decline a Magic Band if you booked a stay at a Disney hotel. So why can't Guest Relations have a supply of Magic Bands in different colors, and let people choose one when they activate their AP if they want it right away? It might not have the name printed on the inside, but people can look at the band ID on the inside if they can't remember whose is whose.

This issue wasn't enough to prevent me from getting an AP, but it is a minor annoyance. If they're going to give me a free Magic Band anyway, they should give it to me when it's useful to me. (And it would save them on shipping cost.)

I know. And it's not like they're stingy with the Magic Bands. As an example, if someone plans a split stay, they get a Magic Band for each hotel. As another example, until recently you could not decline a Magic Band if you booked a stay at a Disney hotel. So why can't Guest Relations have a supply of Magic Bands in different colors, and let people choose one when they activate their AP if they want it right away? It might not have the name printed on the inside, but people can look at the band ID on the inside if they can't remember whose is whose.

This issue wasn't enough to prevent me from getting an AP, but it is a minor annoyance. If they're going to give me a free Magic Band anyway, they should give it to me when it's useful to me. (And it would save them on shipping cost.)

I agree completely with all of this. The only reason I'm not actually more than mildly annoyed/amused is that I have a ton of magic bands from previous stays, and I have the one for my upcoming stay. So when I activate it that MB won't do me any good, but I have the one I got in the mail for my resort stay. If I weren't staying onsite and getting a MB that way I would be irritated with the process more.

@becca_ When I was on the phone making a Disney reservation, they gave me the Disney Internet Help Desk phone number: 407-939-7765
I called them, they sent me to DVC, who sent me to tech help, who said you just can't do it. Honestly, I don't want to spend another hour and a half on the phone again lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter