• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying an AP directly from Disney - how does it work?

Also, just say an AP discount came out for room only/packages - even if you have a non-active one, will I still be able to apply it to my reservation?

Also, just say an AP discount came out for room only/packages - even if you have a non-active one, will I still be able to apply it to my reservation?
You should be able to do this yourself right now. If you can't, there is a bigger problem with your MDE account, and I don't care what you've been told on the phone, they are wrong. You have a problem with your account.
What happens if you go on to MDE right now and look in the Special Offers area? When you click on the offer for Passholders what page does it take you to?
And what browser are you using?

Or can you see the AP discounts and there isn't a discount out for your dates yet?

ZfW21
It says passholders, but my dates (Jan & March) don't have discounts released yet

35544863273_fd74860f60_b.jpg

Last edited:

You do not need to have an AP or AP certificate of any kind in order to book an "AP room."
Only at such time as you arrive at WDW do you need to actually purchase the AP.

You do not need to have an AP or AP certificate of any kind in order to book an "AP room."
Only at such time as you arrive at WDW do you need to actually purchase the AP.
But to get a passholder discount, on a room/package, you need an AP, correct? That's what I was asking about.

ZfW21
It says passholders, but my dates (Jan & March) don't have discounts released yet
Ok. Pretend you want to book a room for next week using the Passholder discount. Can you see the rates?

Did you try again to click on the Shop Parks link from MDE and see if you can get the discount online (not on the app, but the website)? I think you got a Stitch error the other day

But to get a passholder discount, on a room/package, you need an AP, correct? That's what I was asking about.
No, just need to have bought one, which you have done, right? It doesn't have to be active yet. Just purchased. I bought mine and booked our room months before I activated the AP the first time.

Ok. Pretend you want to book a room for next week using the Passholder discount. Can you see the rates?

Did you try again to click on the Shop Parks link from MDE and see if you can get the discount online (not on the app, but the website)? I think you got a Stitch error the other day
No it's not letting me see the rates, and yes I've tried again but no discount on Shop Parks. I definitely will have to call again, right?
I tried to click on the AP offer & it brought me to the AP page to buy a new AP.

No it's not letting me see the rates, and yes I've tried again but no discount on Shop Parks. I definitely will have to call again, right?
I tried to click on the AP offer & it brought me to the AP page to buy a new AP.
This is a very common issue. I've had it, and still have it, every few weeks.
Calling Disney will actually not help, at least it doesn't for me. It's possible that your issue is a different one but seems unlikely.
It's 100% related to my PC a disconnect between MDE and my browser
Try clearing all Disney related cookies from your web browser first. Before you try anything else.
Then close your browser, open it again, sign in to MDE and see what happens

Go to the Resorts Forum HERE on the DIS and ask about what rates have been listed.
POR Royal Guest Room - Standard View
$207.50 per night - posted by someone, I'm seeing 235/night for same dates, etc.

POR Royal Guest Room - Standard View
$207.50 per night - posted by someone, I'm seeing 235/night for same dates, etc.

Are you asking a question about this, or are you just pointing out the approx. $30 discount?

You won't see the same price until you can see the AP discount.

I'm still at a loss about this...
Does becca want to BOOK an AP discounted room?
For what dates?
Did becca ask a question on the Resorts forum about AP discounts for her desired dates?

I'm still at a loss about this...
Does becca want to BOOK an AP discounted room?
For what dates?
Did becca ask a question on the Resorts forum about AP discounts for her desired dates?
While I hate to speak for Becca I do fully understand the issue she is having because I have had, and continue to have, the same issue on a regular basis. It's just yet another Glitch in MDE
See this post
She had bought an AP, not activated.
But, anytime she tries to do anything that would use the AP discount, this happens

I get the same thing, and I have an active AP.

Here's what I told her
This is a very common issue. I've had it, and still have it, every few weeks.
Calling Disney will actually not help, at least it doesn't for me. It's possible that your issue is a different one but seems unlikely.
It's 100% related to my PC a disconnect between MDE and my browser
Try clearing all Disney related cookies from your web browser first. Before you try anything else.
Then close your browser, open it again, sign in to MDE and see what happens
This fixes it for me (and others who this happens to) every single time.
Once I do this, I can see and access AP discounts again.

AngiTN and Robo, or anyone...
I need help with this too. I am a new AP holder :yay: I have not activated it yet. It is in MDE.
I am trying to "see" resort discounts.
When I go to MDE section (on desktop), then AP holders, then View Resort Discounts, I see just two offers; on from 6/11-8/31 and one from 9/1-10/7 (and one for Aulani).
If I just click on the "places to stay" tab and enter my dates (2/28/18-3/4/18), I just see the standard room rack rates.

Is there a way to check for an AP discount for those dates?

TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter