• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying an AP directly from Disney - how does it work?

AngiTN and Robo, or anyone...
I need help with this too. I am a new AP holder :yay: I have not activated it yet. It is in MDE.
I am trying to "see" resort discounts.
When I go to MDE section (on desktop), then AP holders, then View Resort Discounts, I see just two offers; on from 6/11-8/31 and one from 9/1-10/7 (and one for Aulani).
If I just click on the "places to stay" tab and enter my dates (2/28/18-3/4/18), I just see the standard room rack rates.

Is there a way to check for an AP discount for those dates?

TIA.
That's all there is for those dates. No promos of any sort
The only AP offers are the ones you list, with those stay dates

You won't see the same price until you can see the AP discount.
Yes, that's why I said it wasn't the same price as someone who sees the AP discount. Like I can't see it, and so even with removing cookies, cache, I can't see the AP prices. I guess I would have to call them when discounts are released for my dates if this is still the case. I'll try again on a different computer/browser when I get home too, just in case.

Sorry for all the confusion!

Yes, that's why I said it wasn't the same price as someone who sees the AP discount. Like I can't see it, and so even with removing cookies, cache, I can't see the AP prices. I guess I would have to call them when discounts are released for my dates if this is still the case. I'll try again on a different computer/browser when I get home too, just in case.

Sorry for all the confusion!
Not sure if you realize how the rates will show. They won't just be different rates. It's a different heading at the top.
If you notice when you are on each resort page there are various headings with radio buttons you select for whichever category you want to view at that time.
MDE will list all available options for your dates that you qualify to see, AP, FL Resident, etc.
Each time you select one you'll see the rooms available, if any and the rate. Sometimes you have to click the left/right arrows to see all the options
See here in this snip, so you'll now what to be looking for

In this one, this is the choices for a stay in August where there is an AP rate available
AP.jpg

In this one, these are the choices available for an Oct stay (no AP rate option given because there is none offered for these dates yet)
No%20AP.jpg

Not sure if you realize how the rates will show. They won't just be different rates. It's a different heading at the top.
If you notice when you are on each resort page there are various headings with radio buttons you select for whichever category you want to view at that time.
MDE will list all available options for your dates that you qualify to see, AP, FL Resident, etc.
Each time you select one you'll see the rooms available, if any and the rate. Sometimes you have to click the left/right arrows to see all the options
See here in this snip, so you'll now what to be looking for

In this one, this is the choices for a stay in August where there is an AP rate available
AP.jpg

In this one, these are the choices available for an Oct stay (no AP rate option given because there is none offered for these dates yet)
No%20AP.jpg
Thanks! I don't see the "Passholder" one, just the regular old special offers buttons!

Thanks! I don't see the "Passholder" one, just the regular old special offers buttons!
I guess the obvious question that hasn't been asked, do your dates fall in one of these promos?
6/11-8/31
or
9/1-10/7
If not, there isn't an AP promo out yet

I do not need to book a room, but I am trying to add to the conversation.

I cleared my cookies, closed my browser, re-opened my browser.

Went to the Disney World website, logged in, made sure my AP showed in my MDE. It is still a certificate; I have not been to Disney World yet to activate it.

Started looking for a resort within the dates shown above (6/11-8/31 and 9/1-10/7).

I tried several resorts at several dates.

Like @becca_, I do not see the Passholder button. I just see the regular old special offer buttons.

I already have a reservation coming up, I will activate my AP when I am there, and I will not be trying to make a hotel reservation before I activate my AP. I just did this because I am curious as to the different results people are reporting.

No it's not letting me see the rates, and yes I've tried again but no discount on Shop Parks. I definitely will have to call again, right?
I tried to click on the AP offer & it brought me to the AP page to buy a new AP.
This is a very common issue. I've had it, and still have it, every few weeks.
Calling Disney will actually not help, at least it doesn't for me. It's possible that your issue is a different one but seems unlikely.
It's 100% related to my PC a disconnect between MDE and my browser
Try clearing all Disney related cookies from your web browser first. Before you try anything else.
Then close your browser, open it again, sign in to MDE and see what happens
Thought I'd report to those that care, I had to do this exact procedure last night. Right in the middle of pricing rooms for our trip in August (because I can't decide to stay with what I have booked or move so I check what's come available every day or so) I lost the ability to see AP rooms. Had been looking at resorts and saw the rates, when I clicked from one resort to another, the AP rate option just went away. Just like that. I went back to the special offers page, clicked on the AP promo and it took me to the purchase an AP page. I've had an active AP for years. So, cleared cookies, signed back in. Everything working normally and I finished checking rates for the various resorts.

I've read through the posts and I'm a little confused. If I have not bought an AP will I be able to check AP discounts? Or do I have to have at least purchased an AP?

I've read through the posts and I'm a little confused. If I have not bought an AP will I be able to check AP discounts? Or do I have to have at least purchased an AP?
If you have not bought one at all you can not check for discounts yourself
You can call and ask the CM to book an AP room discount for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter