• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying Cigarettes in parks/resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkistevej

DIS Veteran
I am going on a "family" vacation with my inlaws, both my sister in law and brother in law smoke, is there a place to buy cigarettes at the resort(we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge) or at Magic Kingdom. I am trying to prepare them for the trip in 2 weeks. Thanks for any help!!

Thanks!! Yeah, we have been so many times, BUT don't smoke, I had no idea. LOL I think I will tell them they don't sell them, unless someone posts otherwise. They all smoke like trains, so they may run out.

they sell cigarettes, lighters etc in all (that i know of) resort gift shops. nothing in the parks though. i should mention though when i have purchased them because we ran out i believe it was almost $13 a pack.

they sell cigarettes, lighters etc in all (that i know of) resort gift shops. nothing in the parks though. i should mention though when i have purchased them because we ran out i believe it was almost $13 a pack.

This was our experience as well. My DH still smoked when we visited WDW for the first time. We didn't know that the resorts sold them, so the first day he ended up taking a cab to a local convenience store and buying a few packs. He did run out before the last day and purchased one or two packs from the resort (Pop) at a premium.

@nikkistevej - you might also want to prepare your family for the limited smoking areas within the parks, especially MK. Our last trip was SO much nicer since my DH quit smoking. He got to spend a lot more time with my DD and me since he wasn't trekking to another area of the park every so often to take a cigarette break!

This was our experience as well. My DH still smoked when we visited WDW for the first time. We didn't know that the resorts sold them, so the first day he ended up taking a cab to a local convenience store and buying a few packs. He did run out before the last day and purchased one or two packs from the resort (Pop) at a premium.

@nikkistevej - you might also want to prepare your family for the limited smoking areas within the parks, especially MK. Our last trip was SO much nicer since my DH quit smoking. He got to spend a lot more time with my DD and me since he wasn't trekking to another area of the park every so often to take a cigarette break!
Thanks, I have told them it's limited smoking areas there. After the parks, we are doing a DCL 4 night, I think that's bad too. I guess they will figure it out, but at least I let them know they need to plan ahead and take enough for Disney and the cruise.

They are SUPPOSED to smoke only in designated areas, but my last two trips I saw many people smoking all over the place, including
walking down Main St after Wishes.

I've heard that the resorts have them in gift shops in a drawer. They are not on display. I always just bring my own. They don't take up a lot space in suitcase.

Also let them know that despite following the rules and smoking in the DSA's they will still receive the pariah treatment from many guests with their dirty looks, fake coughing, and murmuring! :rolleyes:

Thanks, I have told them it's limited smoking areas there. After the parks, we are doing a DCL 4 night, I think that's bad too. I guess they will figure it out, but at least I let them know they need to plan ahead and take enough for Disney and the cruise.
On DCL ships it's the same. Smoking only in designated smoking areas only. No smoking on verandas.

Tell them to calculate how many packs a day times the number of days plus a few to be safe and bring that many. So expensive otherwise. If you are driving I'd pick them up in the south where they are cheaper on the way down.

Tell them to calculate how many packs a day times the number of days plus a few to be safe and bring that many. So expensive otherwise. If you are driving I'd pick them up in the south where they are cheaper on the way down.
Thanks!!
We're all flying in, I'm trying to prepare them all for this. Inlaws are paying for the whole thing(Disneyworld and Disney cruise), DH, myself and my DD are the only ones that have traveled anywhere, so trying to help them along. LOL

I've heard that the resorts have them in gift shops in a drawer. They are not on display. I always just bring my own. They don't take up a lot space in suitcase.

Also let them know that despite following the rules and smoking in the DSA's they will still receive the pariah treatment from many guests with their dirty looks, fake coughing, and murmuring! :rolleyes:
I'll let them deal with that. LOL I'll be watching their dang kids. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter