Buying Direct - How Long is the Process?

Yes I am financing but paid $1500 deposit..not sure if that matters? I was approved before my preferred UY was approved
Gotcha. I wonder if that's the difference? Do you get an error when you try to use them? Does it not show the contracts?

Gotcha. I wonder if that's the difference? Do you get an error when you try to use them? Does it not show the contracts?
No, just the same message as if you’re trying to book your non home resort before 7 months. I’m signing Tuesday (most likely) so guess it’s ok either way.

Another question… do current members get a Welcome Home trip? I’m pretty sure I know the answer but hoping for a ray of hope :)

No, just the same message as if you’re trying to book your non home resort before 7 months. I’m signing Tuesday (most likely) so guess it’s ok either way.

Another question… do current members get a Welcome Home trip? I’m pretty sure I know the answer but hoping for a ray of hope :)

We did the deposit thursday, got contract loaded thursday late afternoon (new membership because of UY) and I already booked some of the pts for an April trip. Only did the deposit, but we are not financing.
Make sure you are in the correct Membership if you are trying to use the new VGF pts. We actually had that issue as well but realized it was in the other UY Membership.

We did the deposit thursday, got contract loaded thursday late afternoon (new membership because of UY) and I already booked some of the pts for an April trip. Only did the deposit, but we are not financing.
Make sure you are in the correct Membership if you are trying to use the new VGF pts. We actually had that issue as well but realized it was in the other UY Membership.
I made sure it was the right contract and was hoping that was the case. I’m gonna reach out to QA & see if the financing aspect affects availability to book. Thank you!

No, if you are already a member via resale or direct you do not get a Welcome Home trip by adding on points

This is why I was asking what the error was or if you could see the contracts. If it doesn't show the VGF contracts the wrong membership could be selected. @thelionqueen maybe try a less than 7 month booking to see what contracts it will show?

This is why I was asking what the error was or if you could see the contracts. If it doesn't show the VGF contracts the wrong membership could be selected. @thelionqueen maybe try a less than 7 month booking to see what contracts it will show?
It did show the correct membership, I did it three different times just to make sure. I was checking for May, so I’ll give some other dates a try..thanks much!

We just bought points on a cruise on Thursday. Points added to our account, documents for signing email received and credit card pending charge made that same day. We actually signed the documents on Saturday when we had better internet access.

As I recall when we bought our first points, our guide at the time, ran us through setting up our account before we left the DVC building.

Last edited:
Purchasing direct is like moving out of a studio villa into a 1 bedroom villas. Once you do it, you never want to go back. We've had our points loaded into our account in less than an hour.

Lurked for months. Then on July 19th I contacted a guide online and received the offer sheet that day. First phone call was maybe a week later while I was traveling for work and waiting to move some money around. Since I put it in my trust I had to fill out an additional form and wait on that. Docusign received on 8/2 while I was on vacation as well as a long phone conversation where I gave him my credit cards. Emailed received on August 16th confirming that everything was completed. The points showed up the week of 8/2 I think. Exact date unknown as I was on vacation and didn’t log in right away. So less than a month for everything to be done and honestly it could’ve gone a little quicker if I wasn’t traveling for work.

I've called to add on more direct points and had everything done and dusted, using a credit card, in about an hour and a half, including points in account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter