• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying DL tickets

RobinVanellope

Mouseketeer
Howdy~

First time posting on DL forum. I have not been there since 1996! We are planning to be there for 4 days in July 2019. We are staying off property.

Ticket questions:
-how do I buy tickets?
-how far in advance can I get them?
-will they be delivered to our home and how far in advance?
-get Max Pass in advance?
-is Park Hopper necessary (I was thinking 2 days in one park and 2 days in the other)
-what about Extra Magic Hour or Magic Morning?
-discounts available anywhere?
-any other suggestions, comments, tips, or tricks?

Thanks you for your time and knowledge,

~Robin:earsgirl:

Buy hopper tickets from LMTclub.com and save about $40/ticket over Disney prices and then use that to cover your four days of Maxpass adding it each day. They will email you a voucher you can scan into the app and you can take it directly to the gate for entry.
Not OP but we’re going tomorrow and I purchased my tickets from LMTClub. What app am I supposed to scan the PDF barcode into? The PDF says to go to the turnstiles that have Internet access and the tickets would be issued.

Not OP but we’re going tomorrow and I purchased my tickets from LMTClub. What app am I supposed to scan the PDF barcode into? The PDF says to go to the turnstiles that have Internet access and the tickets would be issued.

The regular DL app should be able to scan your tickets and load them into your account. You should be able to add them through the ticket number if the barcode won't scan.

Buy hopper tickets from LMTclub.com and save about $40/ticket over Disney prices and then use that to cover your four days of Maxpass adding it each day. They will email you a voucher you can scan into the app and you can take it directly to the gate for entry.
Thank you. Will do

Howdy~

First time posting on DL forum. I have not been there since 1996! We are planning to be there for 4 days in July 2019. We are staying off property.

Ticket questions:
-how do I buy tickets?
-how far in advance can I get them?
-will they be delivered to our home and how far in advance?
-get Max Pass in advance?
-is Park Hopper necessary (I was thinking 2 days in one park and 2 days in the other)
-what about Extra Magic Hour or Magic Morning?
-discounts available anywhere?
-any other suggestions, comments, tips, or tricks?

Thanks you for your time and knowledge,

~Robin:earsgirl:

My very first trip to Disneyland was in 1996, I was 18... a LOT has changed, it’s like a totally different place! I’ve only gotten tix thru a Costco package, or now my fiancé is a retired Marine, so we can get military tix at the resort hotel desks at check in. If you aren’t already totally set, check out Costco packages, you get several perks with that (gift card, lanyards, pins, coupon book) and they send it all to your house. Park hoppers aren’t NECESSARY, but they are definitely nice if you do everything you want to at one park and want to head to the other one. DCA also closes a bit earlier than DL, so if you’re a night person, you can go to DL after DCA has closed. Unless you’re staying onsite, you’ll just get one Magic Morning at DL, so if you aren’t doing hoppers, make sure that’s a day you’ll be in that park anyway. I haven’t tried Max Pass yet, but will when I’m there in Sept. I opted not to last year, and wish I had gotten it. Everything I’ve seen/heard sounds like it’s very much worth it to get, and you can get that anytime, or as soon as you get in the park. As far as tips, I’d have to say do not miss going to Cars Land at night, it it SO much better to experience with all of the neon lit, it’s become one of my favorite Lands.

Thank you so much for your time. This is great information. Would January be a good time to buy for July?

Thank you so much for your time. This is great information. Would January be a good time to buy for July?

I would say the sooner, the better, before your trip, but definitely make sure they will be good for your travel dates. I’m not sure how far out Disney sells the tickets, (if it’s a calendar year, # of months, etc) but I’m betting on a price hike somewhat soon, with the anticipation of Star Wars next year. I’m always a little wary of third party sellers, but I know there are a few reputable ones. If you have anyone in your party that is active or retired military, those are, by far, the best deal you can get. You can call the Disney booking number and I’ve always found them to be very helpful with booking, or just answering questions. I checked the website, and it says “multi-day tickets must be used within 13 days of first use, or by January 13, 2020, whichever occurs first.” So really you can buy tickets any time before your trip, as far as I know from that info... but check Costco in warehouse also, if you go... they sometimes sell tickets for a slight discount, on their own without a vacation package. (Where all of the other gift cards are sold)

Costco doesn't currently sell Disneyland tickets. The packages aren't much of a deal from what everyone on here reports. If you were already planning to stay on site it's a better deal than the Disneyland sold packages. They charge you extra to book it as a package. LOL It's cheaper to book your hotel and tickets through them.

Although as others have mentioned LMT is the cheapest for buying tickets only.

Thanks for the recommendation of LMT for purchasing tickets. Do you have to be a member to check out the prices? I would like to see how they compare to Undercover Tourist before spending the $50 membership fee. Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendation of LMT for purchasing tickets. Do you have to be a member to check out the prices? I would like to see how they compare to Undercover Tourist before spending the $50 membership fee. Thanks!

There are free codes all over online for LMT :)

Yes PLEASE DON’T pay for a membership. Google for a code there is always one that works out there. Apparently you can also go to the site and decline to pay for a membership several times and they’ll offer it for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter