Buying furniture from a truck in your neighborhood.

Yes they've come around here at least twice that I can remember. Why do they always claim to be from the Carolina's and who exactly are these people, going all over the country with this scam? Or if it's not a scam, why do they lie about where they're from?

Because so much furniture is made in the Carolinas. In fact, there are companies that do bus trips from the Philly area to the Carolinas just so people can go buy furniture - supposedly at a great savings compared to retail.

I have no idea, but I imagine cash only.

You have never seen the guys who sell speakers out of vans in parking lots? They claim they have these awesome speakers - worth over $1000 each - and they are selling them for like $200 a pair. They have one on display in the van.

If you buy them, sometimes you just get a REALLY crappy speaker - not even worth $100 a pair. Sometimes you get NOTHING. They put junk in a box to make you think you are getting a speaker, but you are getting junk.

NOPE I have never seen them. I wonder if they are somehow outlawed in Ma. I mean I know they are not within the law but I wonder if they do not come around for a specific reason. I am not saying they are not here, I am just saying I have never seen them but then again if I were walking to my car I would be thiking of the purchases I just made at the mall and might have missed the guys in the truck.:rotfl:

Wait do those people selling the horrible black Elvis towels count? I have seen them in empty lots.

This is a real business. The furniture isn't stolen. They load trucks in NC and sell door to door all over the county. If you see something you like but you are worried about it, pay with a credit card. Your credit card company will look out for you. Don't use a debit card, your bank will not look out for you. Also check to make sure they have permits.

Here is some more info from the internet: Furniture Trucks, Furniture Peddlers and Buying Furniture Off of a Truck

This happened a few years back and I thought it was the strangest thing. I answered the door and this guy says, "Hi, I'm with this truck" and he gestured to a very slow moving truck crawling down the street. He said he was from NC and it was overstock I believe. I said no thanks, but I always wondered who would go into a strange truck and buy furniture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter