Buying more points

I had no problem but I booked our room at 8am the morning the 11th month booking window opened. I did not pay attention to how quickly it filled up.
We went with a studio for our family of 4 that time since it was for a short trip. We went Thursday- Monday.
Ok that makes sense

Hi:
I have 4 different contracts. This is so I can get the 11 month window in different resorts. We have had no trouble making this work. Just try to do everything your need as soon as possible.

I would get the same use year. I also think I would not sell the Poly if I would like to stay there, for instance in the two connecting studios sometimes.

What size villa do you want to grow into, a one or two bedroom? Does AKV appeal to you with the extra bathroom in 1-2 bedrooms, or would SSR be OK?

I know so many love OKW, but I cannot get over the fact there are no elevators, except in 3 buildings. I always pick SSR over OKW, if the choice comes down to those two. However, I love the lower point costs of OKW GV! I have to remind myself that mostly they come with lots of steps and that calms we down a bit. Truth, never stayed in either of those GV, waitlisted SSR, but did not come.

I love BWV, but hate the “no dedicated two bedrooms“, so not enough real beds.

Anyway, if this post tells anyone anything it’s that DVC is not perfect to me, even though we’re in the 1000 point club, and have been in all DVC resorts and we have a week stay in an Aulani GV coming up, and we do not own there.:)

I do like the perks of owning direct.

It has been reported that initially the Poly DVC project was much grander, with new buildings and a new lazy river and the it was scaeld back to be just a few conversions. Give how well it sold and how well it is still doing on the resale market, even with the lack of choice in room sizes, I wouldn't rule out it might happen in the future.

It has been reported that initially the Poly DVC project was much grander, with new buildings and a new lazy river and the it was scaeld back to be just a few conversions. Give how well it sold and how well it is still doing on the resale market, even with the lack of choice in room sizes, I wouldn't rule out it might happen in the future.

They're pretty land-locked, though. With the TTC, golf course, Grand Floridian, and lake surrounding it on all sides. I doubt they would take away too many more hotel rooms to convert them to DVC, so they would have to build new. They could maybe sneak one building in somewhere, but if it were to stay to Poly theming, it could only be 3 stories tall. Seems like a lot of effort for what would amount to basically 12-30 2-bedroom units.

Also, wasn't there something about zoning restrictions that kept them to only studios, limited to one toilet? I know that they wanted to put in 2 toilets, but were prevented from doing so. I would be willing to bet those same restrictions would keep them from building new buildings.

Would love to see that happen. I'm sure few if any current owners would object to a change in the declaration (if required). The poly is a great resort! Location is king. The quick walk to the TTC is unbeatable. Seriously, we have TWO messy eaters in diapers and the lack of private washer/dryer is still not a deal breaker.:)

Also, wasn't there something about zoning restrictions that kept them to only studios, limited to one toilet? I know that they wanted to put in 2 toilets, but were prevented from doing so. I would be willing to bet those same restrictions would keep them from building new buildings.

If Florida council is anything like ours, it could have something to do with how taxes and rates are calculated. I was surprised to learn that one extra toilet adds more to the rates than a lot of extra square footage.

They're pretty land-locked, though. With the TTC, golf course, Grand Floridian, and lake surrounding it on all sides. I doubt they would take away too many more hotel rooms to convert them to DVC, so they would have to build new. They could maybe sneak one building in somewhere, but if it were to stay to Poly theming, it could only be 3 stories tall. Seems like a lot of effort for what would amount to basically 12-30 2-bedroom units.

The extra toilets probably would have required a larger sewer pipe to be put in, and depending on how far away the "main" sewer pipe was could have been quite costly. I'm guessing they down sized the project because at the time they were designing the conversion DVC budget was reduced for it.

Well, we decided to stay with Poly. Hopefully they can get the connecting rooms figured out in the near future. I have a deposit on some more points there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter