Buying tickets in advance?

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I'm planning my first TDR trip and have a question about tickets. Do I need to buy tickets in advance? I'm planning on getting to the park 1+ hours before opening, so I'm wondering if one of us can stand/sit on line while the other buys tickets (assuming ticket windows are open before the park opens). Alternatively we may be able to get them in the morning at our hotel (Sheraton), but want to make sure we have plenty of time to get to the park early in the morning (we will get in late the night before, so won't be able to buy tickets before hand).

I've also heard it may be possible to get discounted tickets at 7-11? Though I'm not sure I'll pass any in my travels before TDR.

I'm going during a winter weekday, so there isn't a risk of a sellout.

Thanks!

You don't need to buy your tickets in advance. The ticket booths generally open one hour before park opening. Have a good trip :).

I would side on caution and get them in advance. I had the chance to at a Disney Store (several of them actually lol), and I didn't for whatever reason. I got to the park and the lines for the ticket windows were crazy (and this was low season). Maybe 20 minutes. As for 7/11, I didn't know you could get them there, but yes you will Definitely run into at least a dozen of those. They are EVERYWHERE. Hope you enjoy! Tokyo DisnySea is unbelievable.

Hi - just a note if you buy your tickets in advance (we didn't for this very reason) that you only get a paper print out which is not exchanged for a regular sized park ticket and you have to use this piece of paper for the FP machines which apparently can be very frustrating. Provided you arrive early enough and you aren't going in peak peak season I really don't think you need to purchase tickets in advance. You can use this Tokyo Disney crowd calendar (you'll need to hit your translate button to read it) - This will help you work out how busy it will be.

Thanks for all the advice! I'm going on a weekday in February and plan to get there an hour before opening. I was hoping my friend can wait on the turnstile line while I buy the tickets. Do you think this is a decent plan?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the advice! I'm going on a weekday in February and plan to get there an hour before opening. I was hoping my friend can wait on the turnstile line while I buy the tickets. Do you think this is a decent plan?

Thanks!

That sounds good the only thing is that with how quickly and tightly the crowds pack in it might be hard for you to find your friend after you leave him at the turnstiles....

Hi - just a note if you buy your tickets in advance (we didn't for this very reason) that you only get a paper print out which is not exchanged for a regular sized park ticket and you have to use this piece of paper for the FP machines which apparently can be very frustrating. Provided you arrive early enough and you aren't going in peak peak season I really don't think you need to purchase tickets in advance. You can use this Tokyo Disney crowd calendar (you'll need to hit your translate button to read it) - This will help you work out how busy it will be.

I traded out my paper print-at-home ticket outside TDL for a regular park ticket for either 200 or 300 yen--don't remember. It can be done--I did it mainly so I'd have a souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter