Buying Universal Tickets

PigSoldier

to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand wav
Hi all!! I'm sure this question has been asked hundreds of times :rolleyes:, but maybe you could help me?

What's the best way to buy my Universal tickets? We decided to order a 3 day pass from the travel company, but left it too late, so now we're going to need to buy our tickets there.

I saw a lot of stalls selling discounted tickets last time I was in Orlando, but I remember reading on the Universal site that a lot of these tickets are fake (not sure how true that is though), and I've read in numerous guide books that the queues to buy tickets are some of the biggest in the park, and you should always buy them in advance.

Anyway, has anyone got any advice for me regarding tickets? How do you all buy yours?

Thanking you in advance,
Suzi
:D

I ordered mine last night at ticketmaster.com and got a good deal, because of the GA/FL resident discount. Tickets (I think) are right at $48, but we got ours for something like $32 or $34. There's a $4 "convenience charge" that ticketmaster issues, but it was still cheaper than regular tickets. I don't know if that discount would help you any, but either way, I ordered mine online and should get them in 3 business days ($15 extra). I'm going with 6 of my friends, so we divided the total up and ended up paying less than what we normally would have paid, even including the extra shipping charge and convenience charge. Even if it isn't any cheaper for you, it is still reputable and I feel very comfortable doing it this way.

When are you going, btw?

after 3:00 pm is a good time to buy tickets. No one is buying to go that day so the lines are small to non-existent. We just renewed an annual pass and just walked right up to the window. the other good time is be in line at about 8:00 to 8:15 in the am when they open so you are first. :smooth:

If you have a Discover card, use it. If you buy a 2 day pass you get the 3rd day for free. (Must be used within 30 days.) Just pay with your Discover card and tell them you want the deal. When I was there this past week they had a couple of signs up advertising it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter