Buying & Using points from other DVC members

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
So a few weeks ago, we bought 200 Vero points from another member through the DVC Store. Smooth transaction, no issues whatsoever. DVC told us that the points wouldn't appear in our account, so we'd have to call DVC directly to use them. No problem.

So I called DVC to use them.

For reasons unknown, I can't seem to use them. Not at the 11 month or the 7 month point. Why? No one knows. No one at DVC can explain why I can't use them. As a courtesy, they said they've put aside a 1BR at Vero for me, but there's no confirmation number. No information whatsoever. I asked when I would possibly receive confirmation that the booking is mine.....and was told they don't know.....could take about 6 months.

Anyone else go through this? I'm a tad concerned.

Never heard of someone who had transferred points not working.

Hopefully it’s just a glitch in the way the CM who handled the transfer set up the temporary contract in your account.

Just be sure you do not mention to them that you paid for the transfer because that is against the rules.

Hopefully it’s just a glitch in the way the CM who handled the transfer set up the temporary contract in your account.

Just be sure you do not mention to them that you paid for the transfer because that is against the rules.
OH!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm having issues using transferred points too. Transferred 100 points in and tried to book something within my window through MS and they weren't able to book the room. Said it was some issue that a lot of members are dealing with right now. They put the room "aside for me" but said they would email me when it was fixed...this was last Monday and still nothing is fixed.

Sounds like the CM you spoke to, didn't get the proper training or at least missing the part called customer service.

If it was me I would call again and demand that they fix the issue asap.

Last time I got a transfer it was a smooth transaction, I can even use the points online during the 11 months window.

A few weeks prior to that I moved some points from one membership to another and those points gave me the dwarves each time I tried to use them. I got them moved during chat, so I just started a new chat and was placed on "hold" while the CM contacted the support team and after like 10-15min the CM got back and I was told that the support team had to remove the points and re-add them as a new contract to get them to work.

I'm having issues using transferred points too. Transferred 100 points in and tried to book something within my window through MS and they weren't able to book the room. Said it was some issue that a lot of members are dealing with right now. They put the room "aside for me" but said they would email me when it was fixed...this was last Monday and still nothing is fixed.
Sounds like we're in the same exact situation. Very frustrating. They must run on 1980's era IT.

Just chatted in again and they just said "we have your account notated with the room. They are still working on it." So frustrating!

I’m having the same issue as well. I’m trying to use my friends transferred points and they are not appearing to use in my account. Mind you I know they are in my account when we did the transfer on the phone. I’ve been doing this for years with my friend’s transferred points and this is the first time that I have encountered something like this. I hope they fix this very soon.

I’m having the same issue as well. I’m trying to use my friends transferred points and they are not appearing to use in my account. Mind you I know they are in my account when we did the transfer on the phone. I’ve been doing this for years with my friend’s transferred points and this is the first time that I have encountered something like this. I hope they fix this very soon.
Just chatted with DVC and they said this is a global issue. They are working on it and not sure when it will be fixed. Member services will have to do the booking for now.

Just chatted with DVC and they said this is a global issue. They are working on it and not sure when it will be fixed. Member services will have to do the booking for now.
Global? It is their own computer system. They bought and paid for, it seems like in 1982. It’s 2023, fix your system. Just imagine Amazon website not allowing you to buy anything. That would be fixed asap. Disney just plain doesn’t care about customers or customer service anymore it seems.

I am following along as we are looking to do a transfer of points soon and I am thinking we might be better off with two different reservations and asking to stay in the same room.

Does that mean "renting" them from people isn't allowed? There are businesses that rent points, right.?

Does that mean "renting" them from people isn't allowed? There are businesses that rent points, right.?

The reason there is a difference is because points themselves have no true value. So, you can’t get paid for something that isn’t worth something until it is used to secure a room.

But, with renting, you secure the room, and offer something tangible. With the contract being specific that you can’t get paid for a transfer, DVC doesn’t have to get involved if something goes wrong.

Its also why DVC won’t sell you OTU point expect when making a reservation.

Same thing is happening to me.

I'll be calling weekly and asking for a supervisor who can verify the hold is still in place and I sent an email.

If they're holding the room for me then they can send me a confirmation with my name on it that can be linked to MDE.

They're telling me to call them to make dining reservations, and they can't answer about the ILL 7 am advantage or using phones as keys. Ridiculous!

Last edited:
Just curious if these are reservations made in the 7 - 11 month window with transferred points that are the issue?

Same thing is happening to me.

I'll be calling weekly and asking for a supervisor who can verify the hold is still in place and I sent an email.

If they're holding the room for me then they can send me a confirmation with my name on it that can be linked to MDE.

They're telling me to call them to make dining reservations, and they can't answer about the ILL 7 am advantage or using phones as keys. Ridiculous!

I got a CM on chat to give me a reservation number which I then took a screen shot of. Really the only "proof" I have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter