Buying WDW Tickets on Ebay

irazabul

Mouseketeer
Without judging on the safety or prudence of buying tickets off of eBay, can I confirm that if I purchase 4 day, 4 park tickets that are yet used, that WDW will still honor the tickets?

Okay, if anyone wants to comment on the prudence that is fine...or share success stories of ebay too. For me, I think I am comfortable with ebays money back guarantee policy.

I wouldn't, too many things could happen. Just because they guarantee money back, and I'd read ALL the fine print on that one to make sure it actually does cover it. You could get them added to MDE, make your park rez and then get to the gate and they don't work because they were deactivated the day before when it was discovered they'd been stolen. Also to me, there's just no way to guarantee any of it will work. I wouldn't buy gift cards on ebay though either, too many things to go wrong.

There's a few legit places you can buy discounted tickets that have been discussed on the boards. I'd go that route or if you need the savings that much, wait longer and save more.

What do you mean by "wait longer and save more"? Thanks.

I have bought and sold gift cards on ebay several times, all without issues. But I understand that it is risky.

Wait longer to go and save your money so you have more money available to buy the tickets.

I sold a set of four 1 day park base tickets that we won at a charity auction on Ebay about 3 years ago. We were planning a longer trip, so I used the money to go towards a pair of longer hopper passes.

I think Disney still does those 1 day pass sets for auctions, and would be fine with those because they usually come with paperwork to legitimize them.

Any other kind of ticket I'm not sure. Seller feedback and listing detail would be influences for sure.

Wait longer to go and save your money so you have more money available to buy the tickets.
Seriously? I was hoping for a better "wait longer" strategy! 🤣 maybe wait a month and prices will go down or wait and they will have another 4 parks in 4 days special.

I sold a set of four 1 day park base tickets that we won at a charity auction on Ebay about 3 years ago. We were planning a longer trip, so I used the money to go towards a pair of longer hopper passes.

I think Disney still does those 1 day pass sets for auctions, and would be fine with those because they usually come with paperwork to legitimize them.

Any other kind of ticket I'm not sure. Seller feedback and listing detail would be influences for sure.
I take it the passes you sold are not upgradeable? I would like 2 - 4 park days for 4 people.

I take it the passes you sold are not upgradeable? I would like 2 - 4 park days for 4 people.

charity tickets are not upgradeable in that they have no value...one of the local charities I help out with got 20 tickets in January 2020 that expire in January2022 so by the time they can be used, it’ll probably be only a few months. They are single one day hoppers for DLR. THE T&c on the back of the tickets say not upgradeable.

charity tickets are not upgradeable in that they have no value...one of the local charities I help out with got 20 tickets in January 2020 that expire in January2022 so by the time they can be used, it’ll probably be only a few months. They are single one day hoppers for DLR. THE T&c on the back of the tickets say not upgradeable.
There are 4 4-day passes on ebay for 1300. That is a savings of almost 400 and is extremely tempting.

Noone has answered the question of, assuming it's a legit ticket, will WDW still honor a 4 day, 4 park ticket? The description says good until September, but I thought the 4 day, 4 park tickets were sold last year in 2020?

Noone has answered the question of, assuming it's a legit ticket, will WDW still honor a 4 day, 4 park ticket? The description says good until September, but I thought the 4 day, 4 park tickets were sold last year in 2020?

I wouldn't touch a Disney ticket sold on Ebay. Non transferable and no recourse at the gate. They are all yours. Enjoy.
So I searched the Disney website, and in fact unused tickets are transferable. Here it is from the website:

Help Center
Tickets – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

Are theme park tickets transferable? May I give them to someone else to use the remaining days?
A.

No. Once a person uses a Disney Theme Park Ticket, all subsequent admissions are specific to that person and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
If you have not yet used a ticket, you may transfer it to another person.
You may also buy a new theme park ticket online or at the theme park Main Entrance.

Fully-unused tickets are transferrable, and a fully-unused ticket that has expired can be used as a credit towards new tickets.
The 4-day 4-park tickets were extended expiration through 9/26/2021.

The challenge with purchasing tickets through eBay is that often there are fraudulent transactions and it can be difficult to resolve if you find yourself at the WDW gates and denied entry. Sometimes tickets are partially used, unable to be transferred, have no value, etc. If you are willing to take that risk, you are welcome to engage in such a transaction. I personally would not.

Just curious, when do you plan to use them? And are you aware that the 4-day 4-park tickets have restrictions -- 1 park per day, cannot repeat any of the 4 parks, cannot add extra days.

Fully-unused tickets are transferrable, and a fully-unused ticket that has expired can be used as a credit towards new tickets.
The 4-day 4-park tickets were extended expiration through 9/26/2021.

The challenge with purchasing tickets through eBay is that often there are fraudulent transactions and it can be difficult to resolve if you find yourself at the WDW gates and denied entry. Sometimes tickets are partially used, unable to be transferred, have no value, etc. If you are willing to take that risk, you are welcome to engage in such a transaction. I personally would not.

Just curious, when do you plan to use them? And are you aware that the 4-day 4-park tickets have restrictions -- 1 park per day, cannot repeat any of the 4 parks, cannot add extra days.
Thanks for the clarifications and details. I am aware of the restrictions. We plan on going in June of this year. My plan, if I do this, is to immediately assign the tickets to our MDE accounts and if unsuccessful, immediately request a return thru eBay. I am fairly comfortable with ebays money back guarantee policy, as I have transacted several times before with gift cards and on one occasion, WDW tickets, all of which went smoothly.

I know not everyone is comfortable though.

Chances are you will need to connect with the seller via MDE for those tickets to transfer. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the clarifications and details. I am aware of the restrictions. We plan on going in June of this year. My plan, if I do this, is to immediately assign the tickets to our MDE accounts and if unsuccessful, immediately request a return thru eBay. I am fairly comfortable with ebays money back guarantee policy, as I have transacted several times before with gift cards and on one occasion, WDW tickets, all of which went smoothly.

I know not everyone is comfortable though.
If you're comfortable that you can immediately verify if they are valid and won't have issues, then go for it. This isn't a risk I would take, but there are other cost savings measures I have taken that are worth the risk to me. I would probably be more willing to try it if it was closer to the use date. Good luck with whatever decision you make!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter