Buzz Lightyear Attraction

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
Now that we've booked I was just wondering if anyone knows when the new ride is scheduled to open. It would be great if it was open when we're there but I'm guessing it's likely to be later. :earsboy:

Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast: April 2006
Toon Studios: 2007
Tower of Terror: 2008

I'd forgotten about Buzz :teeth:
Hopefully those who are going later in the year will be able to give us a construction progress report ;)

Reid

Do they do soft openings at DLP like they do at WDW??

Cyrano said:
I seem to recall they did this with Space Mountain :sunny:

Reid

Well well well ;)

Fingers crossed for February then :teeth:

Does anyone know if this is an exact copy of the WDW version or is it an improved one (like most of the attractions are at DLP in comparison with WDW IMO)

A "soft" opening is where they let people on the rides before the official opening date - sometimes weeks in advance.
I believe the new Buzz ride in California is slightly different from the one at WDW so maybe the DLP one will also have a few improvements - not that there's anything wrong with the WDW one - it's great - we love it!!!

I went to the soft opening of Magic Mountain at Disneyland in California, one week before it "officially" opened. The week before, we spoke to a cast member who said he was able to ride it, as it was open to cast members.

Woody

I've told the boys that it won't be open when we're there, which was disappointing but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and wish really hard.

Tower of Terror: 2008

:( Scott says he won't go back to DLP with me until this opens. That's a long way off! At least I've got at least 2 WDW trips before then!

Can't wait to do Buzz again in October, it's one of my fave attractions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter