Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet - restaurant review

We ate here for lunch on Friday 19th june. We had heard bad reviews recently but had always enjoyed the food here so decided to give it a go. We ate at 12pm and the place was practically empty although we did have to wait for DH pizza burger to be ready it was only for a couple of minutes. DH loved the pizza burger and has it every time. I had the bolognaise pizza which was delicious and i actually preferred it to the pizza served in Cafe Mickey. There was plenty to entertain children, a play area and cartoons on the screen. It is a shame this restaurant is not made more of but with it being so out of the way and not exactly like Pizza Planet in the film it is usually empty.
We would definately go back to this counter service restaurant as it is clean, quick service, quiet and relatively cheap. The pizzas are not as large as Cafe Mickey but are larger tahn i expected, they area ls more deep pan which i enjoyed.

We ate here on the 8th of August which was a Saturday. It never opened till 11.30 so we were one of the first ones in. We let the children have a little play while we decided what to eat. I like the fact there is an indoor play area but I thought the theming of the place could have been a lot better. The whole time we were there the place felt really empty with only 1 other family coming in.
DisneylandParis2009724-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009730-1.jpg

DH went to order the kids a pizza each, me a pizza and him a pizza burger. They told him the pizza burger would be 2 minutes, 15 minutes later standing there with all our fries cold and our pizzas cold DH asked for new fries and pizzas and just took a pizza himself. The pizza's themselves were quite nice, maybe it was because they had just opened but felt they should have said no pizza burgers at the minute. Having said that it was on DH who was put out at waiting as me and the kids were having fun!! :lmao:
Have got more pictures somewhere so will try and upload them too :goodvibes:goodvibes

Pizza Planet is now an all you can eat buffet restaurant and a very reasonably priced one too.

35633.JPG

Photo courtesy of DCP/Disney Gazette. :)

Hope we'll get some reviews of this soon, also hoping it means PP will be open more often, we've only managed to catch it open once in 2004 :confused3

Price increased today to €17.95 for adults and €8.95 for children.
Seems like an odd thing to do so soon after re-opening. :confused3

Thanks for the info, Jill. I've amended the first post to reflect its new status.

We ate here on Monday 31st May. Although we were a little apprehensive, it was actually much better than expected and we really enjoyed our meal. I don't have any photos but I remember what was on offer:

Pizza

Cheese and tomato, seafood, pepperoni.

Pasta

Spaghetti, penne, fusilli.

Pasta sauces

Tomato, bolognese, carbonara.

Salad

Lettuce, carrots, cucumber, beetroot, tomatos, sweetcorn.

Desserts

Fruit, egg custard, chocolate pudding.

Drinks

Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Fanta, Sprite, iced tea (unlimited- you had to pay extra for hot drinks).

The food was hot, fresh and replenished very quickly. I particularly liked the pasta sauces and the salad- no limp lettuce or anything, which is a huge pet peeve of mine! There weren't many desserts available but there was enough to have a taste of something sweet after your meal. I liked that the drinks were unlimited and I think they should implement this across all the buffet restaurants.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Pizza Planet. While it's not gourmet food, it's good for what it is. :thumbsup2

We ate here at lunchtime on Sunday 8th August and were pleasently surprised. 18.95 for adults and 8.95 for children.

Salad (lettuce, tomato, beetroot, sweetcorn, cous cous, carrot, etc.) was fresh and crunchy.

Three types of pasta, spaghetti, penne & the twisty one (can never remember what its called) and three choices of sauce (tomato, bolognese & carbonara)

Three types of pizza - cheese & tomato, bolognese (really yummy actually) & ham and olives

All really hot and plentiful despite the restaurant being quite full.

The desserts were nice too, watermelon, fruit salad, chocolate torte, yoghurt, apple sauce, apricot torte, rice pudding and chocolate mousse.

Cold drinks were included but hot drinks were extra (not sure why that would be...)

Would happily recommend this as a good choice for family oriented buffet style

We ate here on the 21/08.

3 varieties of dry, tasteless and over-cooked (i.e., burnt crust) pizza; 2 pasta options, and a salad and pudding (very limited choice) buffet.

In general, the environment looked cheap and grubby, and it’s very flimsy on detail. It’s a shame, because the idea has huge potential.

To be fair though, the kids had a great time, playing in the play area, and helping themselves to free pop refills.

This was closed for the entire weekend we were there 26/11 - 28/11, which i was shocled at seeing it was xmas season.

we ate here on the sat,before oct half term

loved the theming / decor! :goodvibes
food was hot and plentiful with a good choice of salad,3 types of pizza,2 types of pasta and sauce, and yummy desserts!

was quite cold in there,my only gripe really

we spent 3 hours in here one day (it was cold and rainy so hid in here)..it was very quiet, food was great, I thought it was well worth the money..The kids had a blast making friends with other kids in the play area..not sure if mentioned but if you ask for water its bottled and free...but you've got to ask for it...all round one of my favourite places!!!...really relaxing! x

Been here on every one of our past three trips. First time it was still counter. loved the pizzas and boyfriend kept raving on about the pizza burger he had. Last 2 visits were after the change to buffet. We like it alot, especially the first time when it only cost us about 15 euros a person for all we could eat and drink. Too bad prices have gone up, last November it was about 20€ which is okay but I'm guessing they're gonna keep driving it up and it's not worth the same price as Plaza Gardens in my opinion. So I hope they don't keep driving it up like that.
Nontheless, good pizza and pasta and seeing as you can drink and eat as much as you want, you're never gonna leave the table hungry or thirsty! Boyfriend is quite a big eater so he loves this place. He's gonna love it even more in august, he's no good with heat so the all you can drink formula will be very welcome I think! :rotfl:
On offer is a salad buffet (actual salad, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber (Am I spelling that right? My corrector thinks I am, but I somehow think not), hard boiled eggs, bread rolls, ...
Then there's 3 kinds of pasta (spaghettis, penne and a three colour spirelli) and 3 sauces (tomato vegetarian, normal bolognese sauce and carbonara cream sauce with bacon in it) and 3 kinds of pizza (olives and ham, 3 cheeses and bolognese) and ofcourse garlic bread.
I'm a sucker for the bolognese pizza, it's soooo good! Pizza's are presented in big squares, cut in little squares so not to big to try a bit of everything.
There's a dessert buffet with lots of pastries and stuff. they've got this sort of custard pie (we call it "flantaart" in Belgium yet I don't know the exact English name, sorry. It's a normal pie dough with sort of a thick vanilla flavored pudding on top of it, it's jelly ish in my opinion), coconut pie, lots of chocolate variants (a pie with this dark chocolate pudding on top of it, chocolate mouse, ...), cheeses, fruit salad, I think I saw apple sauce too, apple tart, brownies, ...To keep it short: You'll most likely walk out completely stuffed. :goodvibes

Pizza Bolognese anno 2010:
74536_1227229178351_1757701627_401087_6759904_n.jpg

Our plates anno 2011. One contains pizza with ham and olives (tough boyfriend didn't like the olives and was able to find a piece with only ham as you can see in the picture :rolleyes1 ) and spaghettis with carbonara sauce. Other contains the bolognese pizza and spaghettis with bolognese sauce.
309803_1664805477485_1757701627_836878_757803394_n.jpg

Zoomed in on the bolognese plate:
382743_1664806357507_1757701627_836879_493920580_n.jpg

And the other plate, turned out a bit dark tough, sorry! :
378551_1664807037524_1757701627_836880_1857682211_n.jpg

Tried to make some buffet photos, yet lighting wasn't helping and it was crowded so I had to be quick. None of the salad bar sorry:

Desserts:
393460_1664808397558_1757701627_836881_970305891_n.jpg

More desserts:
385549_1664809157577_1757701627_836882_1437805370_n.jpg

pizza buffet:
381088_1664809997598_1757701627_836883_264945716_n.jpg

Pasta selection:
377996_1664811237629_1757701627_836885_601139890_n.jpg

Hope this helps make your choice! :goodvibes

We dined at Pizza Planet 25th of April. Wasn't really keen on this meal myself, as pizza is pretty common stuff, and far as my foodie tastes go. If I'm going to pay Disney prices, the food better be really good or unique. But my parents are Toy Story fans and we normally like a bit of Pizza. So we gave it a fair go...

I'm not sure I was convinced by it. Pizza Planet still feels REALLY dated inside to begin with and really cuts the corners. Paper plates, plastic cutlery and very drab seating. They sure make you feel like you cheaped out for the meal (even though it's not even the cheapest table service at the moment!) - the TV's repeat the same extended trailer for Toy Story from 1995 - they could at least stick clips from the other 2 films in there...

The pizza is okay, but it's not really flavourful. It's just very bland pizza. We did not even have the lauded bolognase one on offer when we ate. The Pasta was a bit better, but it's on the same level as the pasta from Colonel Hathi's Outpost (which is cheaper anyway - 10 euro). The salad was just very standard salad offerings. About the most exciting part of the meal was the deserts, which was at least a little bit more varied.

If all you want is to fill that hole with something to eat, I would honestly go for one of the counter service meals instead and save the 8-10 euros. They have far superior offerings to Pizza Planet and better taste experiences for half the price. Pizza Planet makes me feel like I'm at the cheapy meal section of a UK theme park, where I would expect that sort of thing. But Disney and DLP can do much better than this

We ate here on our trip in April and we loved it :lovestruc . It was great for the kids and was the only meal of the whole trip when our two year old ate lots :banana:. The play area was fantastic and the desserts yummy. Not the sort of place I would choose to eat if didn't have kids though. But all three kids loved it and it is the first place they want to eat on our next trip :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter