BW making me move my reservation to another Resort for 12/1 due to construction delays???

Someone on another thread just got a call to move their standard 1 bedroom for the week of March 9th, but I feel like I’ve seen a few posts about being a little over a week out. It seems like they’re starting to get ahead of it now. I’m assuming my call is coming soon for my two standard studios the first week of April. I hope they give me something comparable. I would be fine with having an inn room for both. I just don’t want to be separated or stuck at a hotel that we don’t really care for. Some of these room substitutions have been ridiculous.
Thank you. We have a Garden/Pool view and yesterday was check in day. We did not receive a call from Disney to move.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the new room whenever you have the time. I hope you have a wonderful trip!
It looks so nice and clean. I really like the flooring!! Lack of table and chairs is disappointing. We are literally all huddled around the small table that pulls up for breakfast this morning. Two sit on the couch, two can sit on the stools. In place of the old cabinet, there’s now 2 deep (but narrow) drawers. Lot’s of room under the bed if you want to store suitcases. I appreciate the little side table and outlets next to my side of the bed! Love the Keuig Duo. We have one at home and use both throughout the day. My DS, who was outside on the patio for over an hour last night playing his Switch, said the chairs are very hard and hurt his behind 😂 He also wanted me to add that the TV was not updated to the newer system, like the other resorts. He could not screen share from his phone. But overall, I like the updated look. Some pictures:

IMG_9648.jpeg
IMG_9650.jpeg
IMG_9682.jpegIMG_9681.jpeg
IMG_9651.jpeg
IMG_9683.jpegIMG_9652.jpegIMG_9685.jpeg

Good to know about the TV not being updated. Hopefully as they go out they are replaced with the newer ones. Love the look of the room, but man how did they miss how bare that wall and corner are in these dedicated studios? Hopefully they add a chair or a small table and chairs and some art work it to fix that. It’s an easy fix. Thanks for the pictures and your thoughts!

Good to know about the TV not being updated. Hopefully as they go out they are replaced with the newer ones. Love the look of the room, but man how did they miss how bare that wall and corner are in these dedicated studios? Hopefully they add a chair or a small table and chairs and some art work it to fix that. It’s an easy fix. Thanks for the pictures and your thoughts!
Yes, that’s spot seem so odd.

It looks so nice and clean. I really like the flooring!! Lack of table and chairs is disappointing. We are literally all huddled around the small table that pulls up for breakfast this morning. Two sit on the couch, two can sit on the stools. In place of the old cabinet, there’s now 2 deep (but narrow) drawers. Lot’s of room under the bed if you want to store suitcases. I appreciate the little side table and outlets next to my side of the bed! Love the Keuig Duo. We have one at home and use both throughout the day. My DS, who was outside on the patio for over an hour last night playing his Switch, said the chairs are very hard and hurt his behind 😂 He also wanted me to add that the TV was not updated to the newer system, like the other resorts. He could not screen share from his phone. But overall, I like the updated look. Some pictures:

View attachment 820936
View attachment 820937
View attachment 820950View attachment 820943
View attachment 820938
View attachment 820949View attachment 820939View attachment 820951
Looks really nice! I too, am not a fan of removing the small table and chairs, they did it in the renovated BRV studios, too. Especially since it looks like there is plenty of space to have the table. I don't like the stools at all, they are not very comfortable for more than a few minutes - oh well! Enjoy your trip!

View attachment 820937
This shot of the TV makes it look like someone stole the furniture lol

Looks really nice! I too, am not a fan of removing the small table and chairs, they did it in the renovated BRV studios, too. Especially since it looks like there is plenty of space to have the table. I don't like the stools at all, they are not very comfortable for more than a few minutes - oh well! Enjoy your trip!
I agree about the stools. Look pretty low. One of the reasons we bought dvc, was to have real furniture to sit on. Often the sofa is a bit too low for DH and we end up trying to add a cushion or pillow from another chair. looks Like we’d need to use a bunch of towels now.

I'm about 16 days out to my Boardwalk view 2 bedroom check in, an inn room is definitely not going to be satisfactory for us. 4 adults, my daughter and husband, adult son and me. :sad2: I hope they've got it sorted out by the 13th.

Yes, that’s spot seem so odd.
This shot of the TV makes it look like someone stole the furniture lol
That huge blank space where the table and chairs used to be looks so out of place. Very stark. First thought though was we could park a scooter there at night to be out of the way and charge overnight, but there are no plugs there either. Just odd looking.

We stayed in one of the garden cottages on the inn side for two weeks right after it was renovated. We also had some odd spaces that seemed empty as well as some things that didn't seem right. One example, the old drapes were still up over the french doors, but one day we came back from the park and the drapes were gone and replaced with blinds. Then a few weeks after we came home, I saw someone's trip photos posted on this site from a garden cottage. They had several pieces of furniture including a chair that were not there when we were. I think they are turning these rooms over before they are complete and then going back and adding/finishing as supplies arrive.

That was me.

They offered us a regular hotel room at the Inn side plus $100/night credit, but still at the 1 BR points. I guess I’m lucky in that they at least offered $100 for the 1BR to Inn studio downgrade. I still think it’s outrageous to not reduce to studio points. When I said I didn’t think that was a fair offer since I’m paying for a 1 BR and essentially getting a studio and not getting compensated for even their cash price difference that they charge for those rooms, the CM seemed to want to enjoy a good debate and replied that it was actually pretty generous of the resort because they could just contractually cancel.

This company is lost.
Reading thru the thread just now, was SMH thinking people were being unreasonable.

This, going as an owner of BWV who would love to switch it up for a trip to stay @ BC For the same number of points, as long as it was for the entire duration of my original booking.

when I got to the above post, must say I was rather shocked when reading there would be no point refund. That strikes me as just plain wrong, even with the $100/night credit. That doesn’t offset the inconvenience of not having a kitchen & the larger space.

also, to pull out the ’you’re lucky we didn’t cancel as legally able to’ comment is beyond the pale. That is pure crap. There were certainly better ways to state their rationale for the offer you received. It’s very low class, not what I expect from what is supposed to be the cream of the crop of time shares.

shame on them. we all know disney runs on ’if you don’t get the answer you want the first time, hang up and call again, then again’ mode. If me, I’d call again to request this specific situation be escalated up the food chain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter