BW room numbers please!

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
I know that it is not for sure that you will get what you request, but the last two trips when we asked for a specific room number we got it!
so this time I need some room numbers for a one bedroom BW view for the BWV where you loved the view, please.
I usually keep my little maps where they show where your room is just in case I need it in the future or if I need it to help somebody else.
TIA!

Perhaps this will help:

Courtesy of Shamus - BWV Villa locations by View

You were lucky on those last two trips because the room you asked for was available on the day you checked in. FWIW, IMO requesting specific room numbers is usually a recipe for failure. If what you request isn't available, the room assigner has no idea why you wanted that room and so you usually just get assigned wherever the room assigner can fit you in.

The one time that I requested a specific room number, it was 2123, 3123 or 4123 at BWV. Those are the corner 1 bedrooms facing the pond and parking lot. Ended up with 4002, which is on the end next to Jellyrolls facing the Swan. The exact opposite.

Perhaps this will help:

Courtesy of Shamus - BWV Villa locations by View

You were lucky on those last two trips because the room you asked for was available on the day you checked in. FWIW, IMO requesting specific room numbers is usually a recipe for failure. If what you request isn't available, the room assigner has no idea why you wanted that room and so you usually just get assigned wherever the room assigner can fit you in.

Thank you!
Are the bigger green rooms one bedroom villas?

Thank you all for your responses,
So besides asking for a higher floor, what other things should I ask for in order to try to get a good view and not too far from the lobby?
I know, it seems like I want it all LOL
Thanks again!

Thank you!
Are the bigger green rooms one bedroom villas?
Yes. 1L means a one bedroom lock-off. 1D means a dedicated one bedroom

Thank you all for your responses,
So besides asking for a higher floor, what other things should I ask for in order to try to get a good view and not too far from the lobby?
I know, it seems like I want it all LOL
Thanks again!

IMO, all of the Boardwalk view rooms have a good view, so you are golden there. :) I'd suggest you ask for higher floor and close to the elevators. Do keep in mind that the very best views are those that are the farthest away from the elevators. (But that is my opinion).

There are also stairways scattered throughout the resort that are often much closer to your destination than the elevators. But of course, that strategy doesn't work if you are traveling with strollers, ECVs or anyone for whom stairs are a problem. If that is the case, you may want to request close to the elevators or lobby level.

Have fun!

The one time that I requested a specific room number, it was 2123, 3123 or 4123 at BWV. Those are the corner 1 bedrooms facing the pond and parking lot. Ended up with 4002, which is on the end next to Jellyrolls facing the Swan. The exact opposite.

DebbieB, we do share this same ailment. Though you do know that #123 are standard rooms. I too have requested them and have never gotten them. We just returned last week and I thought of you when I got my room. Again I'm at 100% of NEVER getting a request fulfilled at BWV (after 15 stays now). We requested as FAR AWAY from the lobby/elevator as possible. This is my ONLY request and we were 4 door away from the lobby/elevator. Yes we looked down on the luggage drop off areas. Of course we tried to change rooms before actually taking the room and was told nothing available. Boy do we really have rotten luck getting a request here. But it doesn't stop me, we will be there again early May and again I will put in my standard request. Since we use the parking lot, it was a long walk to the villa lot....and don't get me started on the 2 nights we came home to a full villa lot and had to park in the "convention" lot and barely found a spot there. I really wish they would "gate" the villa parking lot and let us use our room key for access. Of course if they would put the bars up that would help too, but they never used them during the entire 10 day trip.

We requested as FAR AWAY from the lobby/elevator as possible. This is my ONLY request and we were 4 door away from the lobby/elevator. Yes we looked down on the luggage drop off areas.
I wonder if the room assigner just saw the words "lobby" and "elevator" and not the words "far from"? Perhaps it is better to state what you want rather than what you don't want, for example for a Standard View room ask for "close to the parking lot" or "close to the bus stop" if your goal is to be far from the lobby.

I remember some discussions about this in the past when someone booked a studio and requested "not HA" and got an HA room. The suggestions at the time were to request "bathtub required" to try to avoid a studio with a roll-in shower instead of a tub.

DebbieB, we do share this same ailment. Though you do know that #123 are standard rooms. I too have requested them and have never gotten them. We just returned last week and I thought of you when I got my room. Again I'm at 100% of NEVER getting a request fulfilled at BWV (after 15 stays now). We requested as FAR AWAY from the lobby/elevator as possible. This is my ONLY request and we were 4 door away from the lobby/elevator. Yes we looked down on the luggage drop off areas. Of course we tried to change rooms before actually taking the room and was told nothing available. Boy do we really have rotten luck getting a request here. But it doesn't stop me, we will be there again early May and again I will put in my standard request. Since we use the parking lot, it was a long walk to the villa lot....and don't get me started on the 2 nights we came home to a full villa lot and had to park in the "convention" lot and barely found a spot there. I really wish they would "gate" the villa parking lot and let us use our room key for access. Of course if they would put the bars up that would help too, but they never used them during the entire 10 day trip.

I got 3123 as a standard view, I had requested my usual "top floor, across from the bus stop". Loved it, so I requested those numbers specifically on my next trip. Didn't work, got the endless hallway walk to 4002, a mile from the parking lot/bus stop. It was standard view then, the DVC office was right below.

We got 2123 on our last trip. Believe I requested high floor near bus stop.

It must have finally been our turn for one of those x123 rooms, LOL. They really are larger than the norm, but the space was wasted on the two of us. Plus, the kitchen area was quite dark. The balcony was huge.

Now that I've seen those rooms myself, I have no desire to get one of them again. If I had my choice, I'd rather have one of the rooms just a few doors closer to the lobby - view of the EPCOT fireworks is better. :)

We got 2123 on our last trip. Believe I requested high floor near bus stop.

It must have finally been our turn for one of those x123 rooms, LOL. They really are larger than the norm, but the space was wasted on the two of us. Plus, the kitchen area was quite dark. The balcony was huge.

Now that I've seen those rooms myself, I have no desire to get one of them again. If I had my choice, I'd rather have one of the rooms just a few doors closer to the lobby - view of the EPCOT fireworks is better. :)
We had 4123 a few trips back and really enjoyed it but as you say the kitchen is dark. On our last trip we were maybe two doors closer to the lobby and thought it was about as good as it gets for a Standard View 1BR.

I wonder if the room assigner just saw the words "lobby" and "elevator" and not the words "far from"? Perhaps it is better to state what you want rather than what you don't want, for example for a Standard View room ask for "close to the parking lot" or "close to the bus stop" if your goal is to be far from the lobby.

I remember some discussions about this in the past when someone booked a studio and requested "not HA" and got an HA room. The suggestions at the time were to request "bathtub required" to try to avoid a studio with a roll-in shower instead of a tub.

We have tried that route too. We sometimes will ask for a room closest to the "tennis court" and have also asked for a room "close to the water/canal". Once when we requested a #123 room, we didn't get it, but the CM said, but it's close to it! We stay at BW often. This year we are there for 3 different trips. I will place my call and make my request again soon. I will go back to near the tennis court or canal request again. Oh well!

The only request I ever make is "higher floor; prefer top" and I can honestly say we've only been disappointed twice in the 13 years we've owned DVC.....once at BCV (our only stay there!) we were on 2nd floor directly above the walkway/entrance from BC....it was almost like we shared the balcony with 2 other rooms and once at BLT (again the one time we stayed there!) we were assigned a HA 2 bdrm lockoff ...it was on the 8th floor or 9th floor and the view was good (MK view). If my DH and I were the first to get to the room we probably would have requested a change (although it was New Years Day so don't know if anything else would have been available) but, room wasn't ready when we checked in ...we got the text it was ready an hour later.....our son wasn't feeling well and left the park to go back to room and nap....not realizing it was a HA room. We arrived several hours later and since he had been in the room for a few hours we didn't attempt to ask for a change.

IMO, all of the Boardwalk view rooms have a good view, so you are golden there. :) I'd suggest you ask for higher floor and close to the elevators. Do keep in mind that the very best views are those that are the farthest away from the elevators. (But that is my opinion).

There are also stairways scattered throughout the resort that are often much closer to your destination than the elevators. But of course, that strategy doesn't work if you are traveling with strollers, ECVs or anyone for whom stairs are a problem. If that is the case, you may want to request close to the elevators or lobby level.

Have fun!

thanks,
I will ask for higher floors and far from the elevator so maybe I will get one close the elevatos, LOL

Have fun!

thanks,
I will ask for higher floors and far from the elevator so maybe I will get one close the elevatos, LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter