BWI or Poly

Nikki906

Mouseketeer
I have an upcoming trip book for BWI in August. My favorite resort however is Poly but unfortunately they are not included in the 25% discount and the difference is about $1200 for the week. My head says stay where I am but my heart really wants to switch WDYT?

$1200 is a lot of money and could go quite a long way in Disney for food/ souveniers etc . I would probably stick with BWI ( you could always visit Poly during your stay several times to eat etc

I have an upcoming trip book for BWI in August. My favorite resort however is Poly but unfortunately they are not included in the 25% discount and the difference is about $1200 for the week. My head says stay where I am but my heart really wants to switch WDYT?
A week long trip to any Disney Deluxe comes with a hefty price tag. I wouldn't bother trying to save a little by staying somewhere that isn't calling me. Saving $1200 isn't worth feeling regret. Follow your heart on this one! Save following your head for the other 51 weeks a year :)

Granted it’s easy for me to sit here and spend your $1,200 - but I’d say go with your gut/what you like. I can find things I like about any Disney resort, but Poly is generally the spot that ‘calls me’ - so I could find a way to justify it in my head. Plus brand new Poly rooms? Yes, please!

We like to try different resorts so if you have never stayed there I would give it a chance.

Split stay?

We are doing both BWV then the Poly for our upcoming trip.

Dan

I swapped our usual Poly for YC one year. I LOVED YC, but the vibe was so different from the always busy, MK resorts. It was almost too quiet for me! Seeing your going in Aug I would stay at BWI. Poly is under major renos and monorail at Poly is down until at least the fall.

We love the Poly...BWI, not so much. With that said, $1200 is a lot of money for food, drinks, or souvenirs. Are those the only two options? AKL or WL are usually less expensive.

I LOVE both resorts. Have you tried DVC rentals for Poly? We’re doing a studio in October for around $399/night.

We own DVC at BWV and love it. The feel of walking around the Boardwalk at night is amazing. Really fun when the performers are there.
You can't beat being able to walk to 2 parks, especially at the end of the night when the crowds are rushing to the bus, boats, skyliner, and we can casually stroll back to our resort.
I like the Poly, but location, location, location.

Both resorts are in great locations. Disney deserves being pointed out they are taking advantage of guest with their pricing during this pandemic time period. PR is one of the more popular resorts, so they are charging more than ever. What defined value for you appears to be in question and rightfully so. Here are a few things you might reflect upon" Does theming drive your decision for a resort? Do you normally select a room based upon the view? Will the theme drive your vacation satisfaction or would the $1,200 saved provide you more or less satisfaction by having freedom in luxury in purchases to make member of your family happy-surprised?

I was second guessing our Poly stay in early august for a similar reason except we haven't stayed at there before. The YC is $600 less and that is the last deluxe we stayed at (and loved).

I love both resorts! For us these decisions usually come down to where we will be spending the most of our park time. For our upcoming trip we're doing two days at DHS, two days at EPCOT and only one MK day so BWI won!

I made this decision. I was actually booked at the Poly for my August trip, but I ended up switching to BWI because it was significantly cheaper (over $1000) with the summer discount. With food and wine, it's a big bonus to be at BWI - you can walk to TWO parks. Unless you have very small kids and are pretty much going to MK only, the resorts are tied in terms of locations. Also, they haven't said when the monorail was reopening....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter