• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV 1 Bedroom pull out couch?

There are three rooms in the "turret" WAAAAAY down by the tennis court that are laid out more like an Old Key West one bedroom. I will add some pictures in a minute but you might be able to find a room tour on you tube. Its rooms 2123, 3123, 4123
are these rooms bigger?

Sofa is awful to sit on as the two cushion design slides all over the place. Somewhat off topic, however it was the worst sofa ever at a DVC villa. May/June 2022 visit.

Usually only if a previous guest left one in the room when they checked out. I don’t think DVC purchases those to have them available. Since it is a time share, you are usually expected to provide extra items yourself.
Haha, I wondered if they would keep them. We abandoned one at BCV in October. The pull out was so bad we had it delivered from Walmart. Never occurred to me to ask if the hotel had any. LOL We were flying so we couldn't take it home with us so just rolled it up and left it in the room. 😁

How's that pull out for a 6 year old and a 4 year old? Is there a bar in it? We have a family trip coming up early next year and we have a 2 bedroom lock off at BWV.

TIA
Dee

Haha, I wondered if they would keep them. We abandoned one at BCV in October. The pull out was so bad we had it delivered from Walmart. Never occurred to me to ask if the hotel had any. LOL We were flying so we couldn't take it home with us so just rolled it up and left it in the room. 😁
So we are staying at BCV in a studio next June. I’m stressed about this bc my teen who will be sleeping on the pullout is a sensitive sleeper. I was thinking about packing a memory foam topper. But would be nice if the hotel provides it! Or maybe they will change them to pull down Murphy beds by next June? 😊

I've seen people leave stuff like this in the laundry room. Cases of water ponchos, etc.
Saw this at RIV when we were there. A case of water still in the plastic, and several bags of groceries. Chips, cans of soup, beef jerky, stuff like that. With a paper taped to it that said FREE. Enjoy! I though it was nice but hoped the people didn't have to leave quickly due to some emergency or something :sad1:

We took a bag of chips and some waters, so cheers to whoever you are!

I was at BWV Oct 15, 2022. Slept on the pull out sofa, it was lumpy. Sagged in the middle and not much padding.

Still recuperating from our OCT trip. Will try to post info on trip when I feel relaxed.

The sleep sofas suck. It’s like sleeping on an exercise mat. I asked for an egg crate on several occasions and told they no longer have any. They told me because of covid protocol they don’t have them. They did offer multiple blankets to help. I look forward to the new Murphy beds. I’ve slept on the sofa beds at OKW, BWV, AK, BCV, HH and all are equally bad.

HI All- we will be staying in a 1BR at BWV for the first time in Feb. How comfortable/uncomfortable are the pull out couch beds at BWV? I am travelling with my 7yo and my mother. Ideally I would share the king with my 7yo and my mom would be on the pull out- but if it is super uncomfortable, I don't want to make her sleep on it. Thanks!
I would ask for an egg crate from the front desk. Alternatively,
Does Disney provide that?
yes- I have asked at the front desk and housekeeping will bring to your room

We just left a 1BR at BWV and the 7 year old and I used the pull out couch with no problems. I’m 42 and average sized by American standards and I had no issues sleeping on it for multiple nights in a row.

My 8 yr old twins used the pull out in Feb & May 22 and did fine, but they're lightweights. They were more put out about having to share the bed. Kids should be fine on the pull outs, but there's no way I'd be able to sleep on it.

There are three rooms in the "turret" WAAAAAY down by the tennis court that are laid out more like an Old Key West one bedroom. I will add some pictures in a minute but you might be able to find a room tour on you tube. Its rooms 2123, 3123, 4123
We have been lucky enough to get room 4123 at BWV about 4 times but do not like the pull out couch. We are looking forward to the Murphy beds when they remodel but don't think they will be able to fit one in the rooms similar to #4123. The couch is currently underneath the window. Any ideas on what you think will happen with the upcoming refurbishment?

We have been lucky enough to get room 4123 at BWV about 4 times but do not like the pull out couch. We are looking forward to the Murphy beds when they remodel but don't think they will be able to fit one in the rooms similar to #4123. The couch is currently underneath the window. Any ideas on what you think will happen with the upcoming refurbishment?
Oooh I hadn’t thought of that 🧐 it’s already blocking a door, they might as well just close it up completely

This refurbishment is supposed to be to the studs, so maybe they’ll be able to do the structural work necessary to resolve that issue. We can hope - I don’t think any of us want to keep a sofa bed!

Much bigger living room area. You could have a queen size aerobed in that living room. The walk from the lobby is a chore at night, but if you're willing to do the stairs it's closer to the bus stop.
Agree on all counts ;)

I slept on the pull out couch at BCVast year for 2 nights and my back was angry. It was terrible! I wouldn’t recommend any of the pull out couches.

I asked for that also, but it didn't make much difference. I ended up just sleeping on the couch with the back cushions removed. I also had that alternate room layout 1 br, wished I had brought my aerobed on that trip, there was lots of space.

That’s what I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter