BWV 11 month booking blocked out

beer dave

IMOLOL
So I've been trying to book a BW view studio for sept 7 to 11 for the past two days. I booked the 7 and 8 on the 7th, but there was no availability past that-- tried again yesterday--no availability starting the 9th...opened all BW view room categories and saw the same. Now , the 9th, there is no BW view availability in any room category for the foreseeable future. Had three long conversations with MS-- Shea, Maude, and supervisor Jeanette-- who said she would escalate the issue to IT-- and still no solution. If the rooms were taken out of service for maintenance, it wouldn't be just boardwalk view-- it would be wings-- not just one side of the hallway. All non boardwalk view rooms have regular availability. Something is up...

There are two possible explanations:

(1) unlike anytime in the past history of BWV refurbs, during which there was never a period where all boardwalk view rooms were closed, and that includes times when the refurbs included doing things to balconies and outside walls of the boardwalk view room area (they only did such outside refurb in sections, taking out only a portion of the boardwalk view rooms at a time), there has, in fact, been a determination made to close all boardwalk view rooms, including even the 1BRs which are around the corner in the courtyard area next to pool/garden view studios, for some kind of outside refurb.

(2) there is a system glitch. That is supported by the fact that boardwalk view 1BRs have never previously filled at 11-months out for any time during mid-Sep. In fact, they have never even filled by 9 months out for that time of year. It is also supported by two observations. On Oct 8, 2022, the system showed that at least 1BRs were open for Sep 8, 2023. But despite that, Sep 9 through 14 were shown as fully booked and available only via wait list, That should not happen -- the rooms that were still open on Oct 8, 2022 for Sep 8, 2023, could not be reserved at that time for any dates from Sep 9 to 14th because it would have been impossible to fill those rooms for Sep 9 and after unless Sep 8 was also booked full. Also, as I saw this morning (Oct 10, 2022) at 6:45 a.m. eastern, all boardwalk view rooms were shown as being fully booked and subject to waitlist for all nights from Sep 10 through Sep 16 (with a Sep 17 check-out date). That is an impossibility absent a system problem because, under the 8 a.m. and 7 night booking rules, the night of Sep 16, 2023, could not possibly be booked by anyone before 8 a.m. eastern, Oct 10, 2022, i.e., before 8 a.m. the 7-night cut-off for all actual reservations was still the night of Sep 15.

I'm in agreement that no Boardwalk rooms are available. I had a BWV studio room booked for 9/2-9/9, 2023 and was trying to modify the date by one day last Monday (10/3) to 9/3-9/10, which should be allowed. The website showed only 6 nights available, with the last night of 9/9 unavailable. I tried again the next day (10/4) to modify the reservation date to be 9/4-9/11. The website showed only 5 nights available, with the nights of 9/9 and 9/10 unavailable. So... Something is definitely up, although I cannot confirm whether it is refurbishment related or a system problem.

And now it looks like Garden/Pool view rooms are being walked, since there aren't Boardwalk view rooms. I wish they would address this issue with those rooms. If this is because of renovations, that is a good thing! However, is taking out an entire room category necessary?

Last edited:
I have confirmed with DVC that the boardwalk view villas will all be out service beginning Sep 9 as part the refurb project. The person I spoke to had been informed of that fact but did not know for how long those rooms will be out-of-service or what they will actually be doing to the area

Last edited:
I have confirmed with DVC that the boardwalk view villas will all be out service beginning Sep 9 as part the refurb project. The person I spoke to had been informed of that fact but did not know for how long those rooms will be out-of-pservice or what they will actually be doing to the area
Wow, must be some extensive exterior work for them all to be blocked at the same time.

Last edited:

And now it looks like Garden/Pool view rooms are being walked, since there aren't Boardwalk view rooms. I wish they would address this issue with those rooms. If this is because of renovations, that is a good thing!
this is making it incredibly challenging to get a room (studio) at all at 11 months. There have been a couple of days in the last week or so, when there was not a single studio of either view available on the 11 month date, they didn't even show right before 8 am.

this is making it incredibly challenging to get a room (studio) at all at 11 months. There have been a couple of days in the last week or so, when there was not a single studio of either view available on the 11 month date, they didn't even show right before 8 am.
I managed to get a full week in September in a 2 bedroom standard view, but I had to check every day multiple times a day. As soon as I saw a day open up I booked it. It’s very frustrating that it’s so difficult to book 11 months out! I’m intending to switch to another resort at 7 months because we would rather stay where there isn’t construction going on.

It’s best to get on the waitlist early. I’ll be booking in a few weeks and dread it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter