BWV - 2 bedroom villa?

puente0629

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Does anyone know if the 2 bedroom villas will all have murphy beds in the living area?

Thanks!

BWV is being refurbed this year and into next. Prior to the refurb, the 2BRs (all lock-offs, and thus a combo of a studio and 1BR) had the following beds:

Studio: a queen bed, a pull-out from a couch queen, and a smaller than twin-size Murphy bed that pulls out from a cabinet beneath the TV.

1BR: a King bed in the bedroom and a queen pull-out bed from the living room couch.

The refurb is supposed to change those to the following;

Studio: the queen bed, the smaller than twin size Murphy that pulls-out from a cabinet, and a pull-down from the wall over the couch queen size Murphy bed.

1BR: the king bed in the bedroom and, in the living room, a pull-down from wall over the couch queen-size Murphy bed

Some have speculated that maybe they will also put in the 1BR that smaller than twin-size Murphy bed that pulls out of a cabinet. That is highly unlikely because the living room is not suitable to that arrangement due to size and the fact that the doors between the rooms are in the living room.

Last edited:
I was looking for updates on if/when the reverbs are starting. Have they already finished some? We’re doing a visit ina few weeks and will request if they have them. My daughter and her friend really want Murphy beds in our 2bdrm

I was looking for updates on if/when the reverbs are starting. Have they already finished some? We’re doing a visit ina few weeks and will request if they have them. My daughter and her friend really want Murphy beds in our 2bdrm
Doesn’t start until September.

Does anyone know when they might finish the refurb? Looking to get a std 2bd for next June and crossing my fingers….

Nothing official. All we know is late spring 2024, based on booking availability (or lack thereof).

Does anyone know when they might finish the refurb? Looking to get a std 2bd for next June and crossing my fingers….
There is availability showing in June for standard 2 bedrooms, so Disney must anticipate being finished with refurbishing those by then.

There is availability showing in June for standard 2 bedrooms, so Disney must anticipate being finished with refurbishing those by then.
Thank you!

Now my other challenge is to get a std studio for my sister's family. I have the 2bd now. We have been trying to get that studio now for days and its been a challenge.

So now I just asked my sister if she can crowd into the 2 bd with my family and our mom to make 8-9 people. Not ideal, but she gets free housing....

Last edited:
BWV is being refurbed this year and into next. Prior to the refurb, the 2BRs (all lock-offs, and thus a combo of a studio and 1BR) had the following beds:

Studio: a queen bed, a pull-out from a couch queen, and a smaller than twin-size Murphy bed that pulls out from a cabinet beneath the TV.

1BR: a King bed in the bedroom and a queen pull-out bed from the living room couch.

The refurb is supposed to change those to the following;

Studio: the queen bed, the smaller than twin size Murphy that pulls-out from a cabinet, and a pull-down from the wall over the couch queen size Murphy bed.

1BR: the king bed in the bedroom and, in the living room, a pull-down from wall over the couch queen-size Murphy bed

Some have speculated that maybe they will also put in the 1BR that smaller than twin-size Murphy bed that pulls out of a cabinet. That is highly unlikely because the living room is not suitable to that arrangement due to size and the fact that the doors between the rooms are in the living room.
Will that mean that the updated 1BR will now accommodate more than 4 people? Up to 6 people with 3 beds possibly?

I forgot to cancel a WL request and my BWV waitlist came through - for end of August - so it looks like we will be in a pre-refurb ("prefurb") room? oh well. I am saving 50 points that way ...

Will that mean that the updated 1BR will now accommodate more than 4 people? Up to 6 people with 3 beds possibly?
No. Probably still 4. Even if they somehow move things to make room for the little drop down bed under the TV, that would only be 5 people. And that scenario is certainly not guaranteed because of space constraints.

They did not update the occupancy in the BRV refurb and it’s expected that the 1 bedrooms here will continue to sleep 4.

The new cabins at FW, which will have 1 bedroom will be sleeping 6. No news about how that will be structured

There will still only be two beds in the 1BR -- the king in the bedroom and the Murphy pull down from the wall over the couch queen (the back of the couch collapses when you pull down the Murphy bed), which bed-over-couch arrangement replaces the previous pull-out couch. DVC will, as before, still allow 5 in the 1BR (plus an infant under three) as long as you provide your own bedding (e.g., blow-up mattress or sleeping bag) for the fifth, which is the same arrangement that applies to BRV and BCV.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter