BWV Availability

Yes. September through the end of the year seemingly has many rooms being taken out of service.

Is the refurbishment at BWV causing less availability to be open this year?
I got lucky and was on the DVC website making a September reservation at SSR and BWV was available. I grabbed it and feel very fortunate. Keep checking!

All the boardwalk view rooms will be out-of-service from Sep 9 to Nov 23. Beginning Jan 1, 2024, all the standard view rooms will be out-of-service and for how long is not yet known -- thus far it is through Jan 30 (the reservation system shows availability for 7 nights beginning from any date that is 11-months out, and today. 11-months out from Jan 24, the night of Jan 30 was added to the system; we will not get the end date until that daily addition of one night ends).

What will actually be going on during those times has not been spelled out by DVC, but it appears likely that it has to do with outside work on the rooms rather than inside, since there have already been reports that internal room refurbishments have started. (In the past, there has never been a time during a refurb when all rooms in a booking category at BWV were taken out of service, and the typical past refurb usually had some outside work done in small sections at a time, and room refurbs done no more than half one floor at a time.)

In past years, during the "fall" high demand season from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, both standard and boardwalk view rooms (other than 1BRs) often booked full at exactly 11-months-out (or even a little before) very close to 8 a.m. eastern. Once past the marathon weekend in Jan and continuing until late Sep, the only rooms that usually had that 11-month-out problem were standard view studios (and 2BRs).

The effect of the two closures has been to turn all the boardwalk rooms (other than 1BRs), including pool/garden view a significant part of the time, into rooms having an 11-month issue from mid-Sep 2023 through now the last week of Jan 2024, and likely continuing longer.

Last edited:

Yes. September through the end of the year seemingly has many rooms being taken out of service.
This has made a Huge impact on booking this fall. There are far fewer rooms available until the refurb is done.

It seems DVC is really good about taking rooms out of service during the most busy times of year. BRV refurbishment during X-Mas. Now BWV during Food and Wine. Hello summer time there are still tons of rooms available. Maybe it will be pushed back since it seems there is an issue with BCV refurbishment.

All the boardwalk view rooms will be out-of-service from Sep 9 to Nov 23.
I hope this means the internal refurb is being done then, and not just exterior work. I have a 2 bedroom in January 2024. This is the first time I've had an issue with booking at exactly 11 months. I did have to walk that reservation for just over a week. Not the difficulty some have had though. I planned this trip before I knew about the refurb, then I thought I might not get Boardwalk. So happy!

I hope this means the internal refurb is being done then, and not just exterior work. I have a 2 bedroom in January 2024. This is the first time I've had an issue with booking at exactly 11 months. I did have to walk that reservation for just over a week. Not the difficulty some have had though. I planned this trip before I knew about the refurb, then I thought I might not get Boardwalk. So happy!
Likely the BW view rooms will be done before January, although the block-out period in the fall may be just for outside work, That is because internal refurbs have already been reported as going on for at least standard view rooms (which have the block-out period in Jan and Feb 2024)

Last edited:
Is there an end date for this work? Was wondering when things will go back to 'normal'

Is there an end date for this work? Was wondering when things will go back to 'normal'
Disney hasn't announced any dates for the BWV refurb at all. The dates for Boardwalk view and then Standard view villas being blocked was simply inferred by the total lack of availability for each view during the respective time periods. Furthermore, it's only inferred that those blockages indicate exterior work going on. Nothing official has been released to indicate whether interior work will go on at the same time or not or even to confirm exterior work.

Given the delay in the BCV soft refurb (Disney originally announced it would be finished by the end of this month, now says it will be "late fall"), any dates for the interior BWV refurb are just guesses at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter