BWV boardwalk view question

las3888

DIS Veteran
We are staying at BWV and finally sprung and planned well enough in advance for a boardwalk view. Because we will be with my older parents and our 8.5 month old son in stroller we requested near elevator. Can most rooms with boardwalk view see Illuminations? How about ones closer in to the elevators? We did request a high floor also, but we have alot of requests, so who knows what we will get. Is it possible they will place us on near the village green area? I always kind of think of that area as nice, but not quite boardwalk view.

Thanks! Lisa

Both times we've had a boardwalk view, we've been at the end of the hall. There is an awesome view from down there.

The closer you get to the elevators, I'm guessing the less of an IllimiNations view you'd have, because the BW Inn does kinda block the view.

It is an awesome view of the lake and the Epcot resort area, so I'm sure you will love it!

Yes, the closer to the elevators, the less your balcony view of Illuminations. I would have to think that the higher up you are, the better the view as well?

As for the Village Green area, there has been a lot of conflicting information given about that. Some have reported that those rooms are considered all three varieties of the bookable views (Preferred Boardwalk, Preferred water/pool, Standard View).

It seems that they might just call them what they want to depending on bookings! :confused3

If the Illuminations view is important to you, I'd ask for a room far from the elevators. That should avoid any chance of getting a Village Green (or partial Village Green) room or something with a blocked view.

CaliforniaDreaming said:
Both times we've had a boardwalk view, we've been at the end of the hall. There is an awesome view from down there.

The closer you get to the elevators, I'm guessing the less of an Illuminations view you'd have, because the BW Inn does kinda block the view.

!

California is correct. We just returned from the BW last week, staying in villa 4001, which is the very end of the Jellyrolls end of the building. Best view of the Boardwalk and Illuminations in the house.

If you ask for a room by the elevator, you will likely get stuck in the villas above xx37, which will put you (as Calfornia mentioned) in the area overlooking the "village green" lawn. From those balconies, not only does the Boardwalk Inn building block your view of Epcot and Illuminations, but the tower facing the Boardwalk also is in the way.

Bottom line: you have to make a choice: do you want to be right near the elevators, or do you want to have a great view of Illuminations?

You can't have both. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Bummer. Can't decide. I can see my parents (dad is now 70, but doing pretty well) getting irritated with the walk to the elevator, however I can also see them irritated not having a fireworks view.

I really don't mind being further away from the elevator other than mom and dad, but it's different than being far away with a "standard" view. With that you have easy access to the pools and you are very close to your car.

It probably would be nice to be somewhere in the middle. I wonder what the view is like there.

Bottom line is who knows what Disney will give us anyways. I guess I'll have to think about it some more...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'd suggest not whipping up your parents' hope for a view. It's really not that important, it's out of your control, and it might not be likely given your other requests. Get them obsessing about something else instead.

Villa 4001? Is this a 1 bedrrom, 2 bedroom, or a studio? Thanks. Anyone have room #'s for 1 bedroom villas with a Boardwalk view?

4001 would be the last room (4th floor) down the boardwalk just before Jellyrolls and over what used to be the DVC store (end of it). The numbers over the boardwalk are odd numbers and start at 01 at the end just before Jellyrolls and go to 17 through the rooms over the Big River Grill; they then skip to 29 starting over the main store (Thimbles and Threads section) and work up to 65 through the Village Green. 4001 should be the 1BR part of a 2BR lock-off and all rooms from those over the Big River Grill on down to Jellyrolls are the 2BR units overlooking the boardwalk. Rooms over the Village Green and the main store are the Grand Villas and dedicated 1BR's and studios. Village Green rooms (those which are near the elevators) have the least favorable view of EPCOT and Illuminations. To assure best views of Illuminations request a 2BR or any lock-off 1BR or studio.

drusba said:
4001 would be the last room (4th floor) down the boardwalk just before Jellyrolls and over what used to be the DVC store (end of it). The numbers over the boardwalk are odd numbers and start at 01 at the end just before Jellyrolls and go to 17 through the rooms over the Big River Grill; they then skip to 29 starting over the main store (Thimbles and Threads section) and work up to 65 through the Village Green. 4001 should be the 1BR part of a 2BR lock-off and all rooms from those over the Big River Grill on down to Jellyrolls are the 2BR units overlooking the boardwalk. Rooms over the Village Green and the main store are the Grand Villas and dedicated 1BR's and studios. Village Green rooms (those which are near the elevators) have the least favorable view of EPCOT and Illuminations. To assure best views of Illuminations request a 2BR or any lock-off 1BR or studio.

Sorry - don't know if I quite understood - are you saying there are no 2BR units in the village green area? Just curious...that would somewhat solve my dilemma...

las3888 said:
Sorry - don't know if I quite understood - are you saying there are no 2BR units in the village green area? Just curious...that would somewhat solve my dilemma...

I know there isn't on the 5th floor. I was in a dedicated one bedroom on the corner with the boardwalk (5051), the rest of the rooms along the Village Green to the elevator were studios (I could tell by the fire evacuation chart on the door).

Here's a chart with some of the room #'s:

http://members.aol.com/InstImpres/boardwalk.pdf

A lockoff has a connecting door to another villa (it combines a studio and one-bedroom) and a dedicated does not have a connecting door.

One more ? 1 bedroom standard, what does that mean? I lied 1 more ? if it says 1 bedroom lockdown... its a 1 bdr or part of a 2 bdr? Does that make sense? If we booked a 1 bedroom should we prefer a dedicated so theres no connecting door? This could be confusing....sorry. But thanks for your help

All the 2 bedrooms are lockoffs at BWV. Which means a combination 1 bedroom/studio with the door opened in between. If there is a dedicated 1 bedroom, there is no lockoff door, so if there is a studio next door, it cannot be combined for a 2 bedroom.

What's the significance of 1 bedroom standard? Is that another way to day dedicated? Standard is NOT boardwalk view huh.? What if they dont say dedicated or lockdown....then what?

Standard view faces the front driveway, it has nothing to do with dedicated or lockoff. If you want a 1 bedroom, I would not get hungup on dedicated or lockoff, there's not much difference, just the connecting door in the living room (which would be closed and locked). I would also not try to reserve a specific room #. Just make a general location or floor request.

On our first trip to BWV we wanted a boardwalk view and got room 4001, 1 bedroom, far away from the elevators at the very end near Jelly Rolls, directly above where the DVC sales offices used to be. The view of the Epcot fireworks were good, but blocked some by ESPN.

The last 2 trips we have had a 1 bedroom standard view, upper floor, overlooking the entrance to BW and the view of the Epcot fireworks is much better. You see them over the top of the convention center, but they aren't really blocked by the building. It is a walk from the elevators, but there is a starwell near by and it leads down to the sidewalk that goes out to the road near the bridge.

In our opinion, this is better than a boardwalk view and less points.

I keep seeing posts asking about which Boardwalk rooms have the best view of Illuminations. Anyone think to just walk over to Epcot and see Illuminations up close? Is there anyone that's an average, healthy baby, child or adult that HAS to be in bed at 9pm? What am I missing?

JohnNJ said:
I keep seeing posts asking about which Boardwalk rooms have the best view of Illuminations. Anyone think to just walk over to Epcot and see Illuminations up close? Is there anyone that's an average, healthy baby, child or adult that HAS to be in bed at 9pm? What am I missing?

Well, our attraction is that with a 6 month old baby (okay, he will be 8 months old by the time we get there), he is in bed at 7:30 pm. He doesn't sleep well in his stroller. The appeal is when you have a baby that young and you are somewhat restricted, you can go sit out on your balcony while your baby is sleeping and enjoy the fireworks. Even besides that, it is such a nice thing to do...watch fireworks from your own room - maybe while enjoying a bottle of wine, snacks or whatnot, just steps away from the view!!! My thought - how cool!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter