BWV boardwalk view question

JohnNJ said:
I keep seeing posts asking about which Boardwalk rooms have the best view of Illuminations. Anyone think to just walk over to Epcot and see Illuminations up close? Is there anyone that's an average, healthy baby, child or adult that HAS to be in bed at 9pm? What am I missing?
I agree with you. The best view of IllumiNations is inside EPCOT from the edge of the World Showcase Lagoon. It's great to be able to walk back to your room in about 10 minutes after it's over!

That said, it's also nice to see a few fireworks from your balcony - but having seen them from there many times, IMHO, they do not compare with seeing them up close from EPCOT! I no longer stress out about getting a room that has a fireworks view but I still love the standard view rooms for their lower points and convenient location!

Best wishes-

dvc_bwv said:
On our first trip to BWV we wanted a boardwalk view and got room 4001, 1 bedroom, far away from the elevators at the very end near Jelly Rolls, directly above where the DVC sales offices used to be. The view of the Epcot fireworks were good, but blocked some by ESPN.

I was in 4001 two weeks ago. The view of Illuminations from that villa (and 5001, the one directly above) are the best in the house (the further down you are towards the lobby, the worse it is). ESPN didn't block any of the higher fireworks, which are the only ones you can see from the Boardwalk to begin with.

disneybride16 said:
What was the balcony like at room 4001? Was it covered? Thanks everyone for your help.

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment by focusing on a specific room.

Thank you for your input. I'm not focusing on a certain room, I've been to Disney enough not to get my hopes up. However, I'm just curious because we haven't stayed at the BWV before thats all. Thank you for your concern, I'm sure some people do actually ask for a certain room # but thats not what I'll be doing.

disneybride16 said:
What was the balcony like at room 4001? Was it covered? Thanks everyone for your help.

It's sort of covered by the balcony above in 5001, but not fully set back like the balconies in the red section of the building further down. I'll see if I can post some pictures of the view I took from the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter